SixXS::Sunset 2017-06-06

hello linz.irc.at +r :(
[pl] Carmen Sandiego on Wednesday, 18 February 2004 16:50:29
linz.irc.at is connection restricted why?? :(
[ch] Jeroen Massar SixXS Staff on Wednesday, 18 February 2004 20:13:27
Because SixXS isn't meant for IRC, connection terminated.
[de] Shadow Hawkins on Wednesday, 18 February 2004 23:22:04
there is no real reason to complain. chatting works with +r too. I think I can give you a reason: The percentage of abusive IRC users is probably higher in v6 land. IRCOPs take action and restrict v6 accounts to distract people who want to play war in IRC. Of course, this will hit peaceful users too - bad luck. Just live with +r or use v4 for IRC at the moment. There are more important services than IRC.
[de] Shadow Hawkins on Thursday, 19 February 2004 16:27:21
Hiho; Does that mean, that _no_ connections to IRC-Servers are allowed over SixXS-Tunnels? Or only, that it's a restrictet connection to linz.irc.at? Because IRC over IPv6 is nice if it works. irc6.insiderZ.de works fine over freenet6-tunnels for example. Greets, Christian
[nl] Shadow Hawkins SixXS PoP Administrator on Thursday, 19 February 2004 18:08:48
it depends more on the ircopers running a server. Some of them are using restricted access for ipv6 others are not. If you wanna know which ones are not read the motd of some ipv6 capable ircserver. and yes you can use your sixxs tunnels for irc. But please don't bother the sixxs people with irc related things because we cannot do anything about it.
[de] Shadow Hawkins on Sunday, 29 February 2004 00:13:50
You can request an i-line from linz.irc.at to use IRC without +r. Look at http://linz.irc.at/ipv6/ and request one.
[fi] Carmen Sandiego on Tuesday, 30 March 2004 13:32:04
i'm just laughing here f*ing loud }) how about reading ircd's motd when connecting?!? no, they don't have any info about +r so skip them... O-)
[si] Carmen Sandiego on Tuesday, 29 June 2004 18:54:52
Yep reading motd will do. And you need to have 25 credits to have -r on linz.irc.at (if you dont connect to v6 .nl too) as far as i know

Please note Posting is only allowed when you are logged in.

Static Sunset Edition of SixXS
©2001-2017 SixXS - IPv6 Deployment & Tunnel Broker