SixXS::Sunset 2017-06-06

What about Mac installation?
[se] Shadow Hawkins on Sunday, 19 October 2008 01:13:39
Hello, I do not really understand this, when I look at the instructions for the Mac so I can see that it says you should download https://www.sixxs.net/archive/sixxs/aiccu/mac/aiccu-mac-i386.exe . But what, one. Exe file for Mac? Can anyone explain what it means. Exe files to the mac, it feels like someone has put the wrong files in the wrong place. Thanks in advance
[ch] Jeroen Massar SixXS Staff on Sunday, 19 October 2008 20:29:19
.exe is just an extension to indicate that it is a binary executable. Just copy it, and run it from the console, like the normal aiccu.
[ca] Shadow Hawkins on Tuesday, 21 October 2008 06:56:59
You can take a look at the instructions here: https://www.sixxs.net/wiki/Aiccu Aiccu installs fine on the Mac. You will need to build from source.
[ch] Jeroen Massar SixXS Staff on Tuesday, 21 October 2008 08:44:04
You don't have to build from source, as there is a pre-compiled binary on the website, that saves at least people from having to install Xcode and other such tools.
[se] Shadow Hawkins on Friday, 24 October 2008 21:01:02
aa, i see. Thanks alot. I was confused with a .exe file for mac =)
[ca] Shadow Hawkins on Sunday, 02 November 2008 17:10:04
That has changed since I last looked, though the .exe extension doesn't seem right. If you have anything like CrossOver or Parallels then it is going get associated with wrong application. That said, I am not sure what the best way to distribute it would be given it is just an executable. Maybe adding to a folder along with a 'read me' and then zipping it? If you wish I could do that.
[nl] Shadow Hawkins on Sunday, 16 November 2008 16:22:49
An even better way would be a .pkg that puts all the right things in all the right places. Maybe throw in a LaunchDaemon in for good measure. I think I could do that -- I haven't made packages before, but PackageMaker seems straightforward enough. Actually, I might just do that. =] Also, I'm strongly in favour of dropping the .exe extension from the Mac binary, as it's confusing for users and might get picked up by Parallels as pointed out earlier. And the Debian-style init.d startup file should not be installed on `make install` since Mac OS X doesn't use those anyway.
[ch] Jeroen Massar SixXS Staff on Sunday, 16 November 2008 16:33:18
These are all on the todo list and are being worked on. Actually we are modifying AICCU a lot at the moment to make it fully cross-platform available.
[nl] Shadow Hawkins on Wednesday, 19 November 2008 01:38:13
Ah, cool. Drop me if there's anything I can do. I couldn't code C if my life depended on it, but I *can* compile and see if the resulting binaries work. Will the newer version check for tun/tap availability by itself, making it a simple "drop into a directory and have a LaunchDaemon start it at boot"?
[nl] Shadow Hawkins on Wednesday, 19 November 2008 01:38:56
"Drop me a line", that is. I'd rather not be dropped myself, really. =]

Please note Posting is only allowed when you are logged in.

Static Sunset Edition of SixXS
©2001-2017 SixXS - IPv6 Deployment & Tunnel Broker