SixXS::Sunset 2017-06-06

tunnel uptime now 0days after format
[cy] Shadow Hawkins on Monday, 19 November 2012 23:10:00
Hello everyone , So my tunnel uptime was about 21 days , i had to format my pc to install windows 8 . Then the tunnel uptime went to 0 days , and after 3 days is still at 0 days . Why does this happen ? Kind regards, Chris
[ch] Shadow Hawkins on Tuesday, 20 November 2012 18:52:19
Hi Chris I have the same problem. After further analysis with wireshark, I could see, that my host doesn't send ping replays. Further more it says something about malformed packet. I don't know if this is a general problem with windows 8. Cheers Marcel
[cy] Shadow Hawkins on Wednesday, 21 November 2012 16:39:19
Thanks for the response The thing is the uptime is gone , i was planning to create another tunnel , for some reason with windows 8 the uptime is still on 0 days
[ch] Jeroen Massar SixXS Staff on Wednesday, 21 November 2012 16:52:03
You'll likely have to enable ICMP responses/processing in your firewall.
[ch] Shadow Hawkins on Wednesday, 21 November 2012 19:52:20
As you say it is a windows firewall issue. When I disabling it, I can see the ping replys. There are already rules for AICCU in the firewall snap-in. I will get back as soon as I have found out what rules have to be applied. Cheers Marcel
[ch] Shadow Hawkins on Wednesday, 21 November 2012 21:00:31
ok got the solution :). This link helped me to find the right settings: http://mcompute.co.uk/showthread.php?tid=1563 The important step 5 and 6.
[cy] Shadow Hawkins on Thursday, 22 November 2012 17:27:59
Thanks for the response , So what protocol should i choose over at firewall settings for the inbound rule?
[ch] Jeroen Massar SixXS Staff on Thursday, 22 November 2012 17:36:39
[de] Shadow Hawkins on Thursday, 22 November 2012 20:43:25
Hi, since I only have a German Windows, I can't tell how terms are correctly called in an English version, so there may be some deviations, but here I try: 1. Open the 'Windows firewall with advanced security' via the 'Administration' folder within control panel. 2. In the Overview window see what profiles are active: Domain, Private or Public. A common case may be either Private or Public. 3. Select the folder 'Incoming Rules' (or more probable it's named 'Input Rules') within the left side's tree structure. 4. Activate filters on the right side: Filter for the active profile according to bullet 2. Filter for state=active filters. And filter for group=File and Printer Sharing. 5. Double click the rule called 'File and Printer Sharing (Echo Request ICMPv6 incoming)' or similar. 6. Select the tab called 'Scope' (hope it's named this way in English). 7. Within the field 'Remote IP address' you'll see the default setting, that only accepts ICMPv6 echoes coming from the local subnet. Uncheck this and select the option 'Any IP address' instead. --> Press ok. Repeat 5-7 if a second firewall profile is active (so you have a second rule for incoming ICMPv6 echoes for another profile) Hope it works! Andreas
[cy] Shadow Hawkins on Sunday, 02 December 2012 22:31:55
Thanks for the reply . I've done all those steps . Now how do i check if it works or not ? Or just wait if the uptime is refreshed ?
[cy] Shadow Hawkins on Sunday, 02 December 2012 22:33:49
I forgot to mention that the File and Printer Sharing (Echo request ICMPv6-in) is not enabled by default . Actually all file and printer sharing rules are not enabled . Should i enable them?
[cy] Shadow Hawkins on Monday, 03 December 2012 00:23:26
Nevermind , i followed Marcel's link , created a new firewall rule and now everything works . I think this should be mentioned somewhere in the wiki for all the windows 8 users

Please note Posting is only allowed when you are logged in.

Static Sunset Edition of SixXS
©2001-2017 SixXS - IPv6 Deployment & Tunnel Broker