SixXS::Sunset 2017-06-06

news.itgate.net doesn't work
[cy] Shadow Hawkins on Sunday, 14 October 2012 21:22:28
Hi everyone , I'm using itgate pop but news.itgate.net doesn't seem to work . I keep getting the message Connection failure: You have no permission to talk. Goodbye! Does anyone know if itgate stopped offering this service to their pop users? Thanks a lot , Kind regards, Christos
[it] Shadow Hawkins on Sunday, 14 October 2012 21:31:53
Connection failure: You have no permission to talk. Goodbye!
Hi, i'm using itgate too by some time now and i only get that message when my IPv6 is not well configured: for example my windows host sometimes fails to get a valid gateway from the RADVD server and the news doesn't work, clearly.
[cy] Shadow Hawkins on Sunday, 14 October 2012 21:44:42
Thanks for the response . I'm not a ipv6 savvy as you can see . The only thing i did was to add my details to the aiccu.conf , connect , and then try to use the server with mozilla thunderbird but it doesn't seem to work . Any ideas how to fix this ? Thanks
[cy] Shadow Hawkins on Monday, 15 October 2012 09:06:49
Never mind it worked with opera mail . I just needed the right newsreader to do it . Thanks for your help Chris
[it] Shadow Hawkins on Tuesday, 16 October 2012 13:29:26
I still think it's a configuration problem, maybe Thunderbird related, if you say that Opera mail is working; and i say so also because i am currently using (without any problem) both Thunderbird under Windows 7 and Gnus under Debian. That being said, if you're fine with Opera just keep using it.

Please note Posting is only allowed when you are logged in.

Static Sunset Edition of SixXS
©2001-2017 SixXS - IPv6 Deployment & Tunnel Broker