SixXS::Sunset 2017-06-06

sixxs-aiccu + ppp (pppoe) on FreeBSD
[de] Shadow Hawkins on Sunday, 03 August 2008 19:39:43
Good afternoon, I might just be too blatantly stupid, but I can't get sixxs-aiccu to work on a dialin-host running pppd on FreeBSD 7.0. My configuration is rather straightforward: /etc/rc.conf:
sixxs_aiccu_enable="YES"
/usr/local/etc/aiccu.conf:
username DNB1-SIXXS password PASSWORD ipv6_interface tun2 tunnel_id T13415 verbose true daemonize true automatic true requiretls true pidfile /var/run/aiccu.pid
and pppd started as "always-on" (ddial) mode. However, when the DSL line gets reconnected, appartently the aiccu heartbeat doesn't re-attach to the PoP, dropping all IPv6 connectivity. Since the "restart" facility isn't implemented in rc.d/sixxs-aiccu.sh, I created a tiny script to automatically restart sixxs-aiccu when the PPPoE link comes up: /etc/ppp/ppp.restart-sixxs:
#!/bin/sh /usr/local/etc/rc.d/sixxs-aiccu stop sleep 60 /usr/local/etc/rc.d/sixxs-aiccu start
but this breaks down with an error message saying that
Aug 3 13:45:19 gix sixxs-aiccu: Couldn't resolve host tic.sixxs.net, service 3874 Aug 3 13:45:19 gix sixxs-aiccu: Couldn't connect to the TIC server tic.sixxs.net
The "verbose true" option doesn't give that much additional information on the problem's cause, and I'm sitting some 40 km away from the machine, so I easily do a tcpdump or similar approach. Anyway, has anybody seen (and perhaps found a solution) for this problem yet, or does it sound familiar? Kind regards, Dominik Neubauer

Please note Posting is only allowed when you are logged in.

Static Sunset Edition of SixXS
©2001-2017 SixXS - IPv6 Deployment & Tunnel Broker