SixXS::Sunset 2017-06-06

Spare credits.
[be] Carmen Sandiego on Friday, 16 January 2004 17:26:07
Using spare credits is not allowed What does this mean? O-) I see this when i login and ask for my tunnel information. :+ >:) :D 8-)
Spare credits.
[ch] Jeroen Massar SixXS Staff on Saturday, 17 January 2004 16:15:21
That you don't have any credits left to request new tunnels/subnets etc. Simple.
Spare credits.
[ee] Shadow Hawkins on Wednesday, 21 January 2004 18:21:55
you don't have any credits left to request new tunnels/subnets etc
You should use that message instead of your current cryptic warning that left me puzzled as well. "spare credits"? "not allowed"? eh...
Spare credits.
[ch] Jeroen Massar SixXS Staff on Wednesday, 21 January 2004 20:45:35
I would like to suggest that you take a course in english })
Spare credits.
[se] Shadow Hawkins on Wednesday, 21 January 2004 21:42:04
From my dictionary:
spare I bn. [...] b) overtollig, reserve...; [...] ~ cash (money): geld over
Spare credits zouden dus credits zijn die je nog over hebt. Wat je eigenlijk wil zeggen is: loaning credits is not allowed.
Spare credits.
[nl] Shadow Hawkins on Thursday, 22 January 2004 00:01:07
I also started to think what spare ment, I can reacal: Spare Tire -- Reserve Wiel. but yes, it is better to say loaning then (I think)
Spare credits.
[ch] Jeroen Massar SixXS Staff on Thursday, 22 January 2004 00:57:50
And you all have it wrong, reread The Credits FAQ and you will notice that it mentions a lower bound of 15 credits. These are spare credits as they cannot be used for requesting new subnets/tunnels/etc but can be used when one is foolish enough to not let their endpoint ping or other of such events. To complete your analogy: a spare tire is a tire to be used emergencies, the lower bound credits are spare credits used for emergencies. And a loan is when you get extra positive credit by begging. Next to that a loan is something one pays back and I never have seen that happen ;)
Spare credits.
[ee] Shadow Hawkins on Thursday, 22 January 2004 03:51:34
I would like to suggest that you take a course in english
I would like to suggest that you stop being a smartass. That "spare credits" message appeared like a warning on the Tunnel Information page - as if I had attempted something that involves spending those credits, which I didn't. Giving a simple note like "you don't have enough credits left to request a subnet or a tunnel" would raise far fewer questions and you wouldn't have to devote a whole new FAQ section to explaining what that message means.
Spare credits.
[ch] Jeroen Massar SixXS Staff on Thursday, 22 January 2004 12:04:22
Thank you for your comment, you are now entitled to take your business somewhere else. I don't have time for this.

Please note Posting is only allowed when you are logged in.

Static Sunset Edition of SixXS
©2001-2017 SixXS - IPv6 Deployment & Tunnel Broker