SixXS::Sunset 2017-06-06

Need clarification on rules about sharing IPv6 connectivithy
[fi] Shadow Hawkins on Wednesday, 05 September 2012 22:08:08
Hello, The FAQ states that "Providing connectivity to other individiuals who are not physically on your network is not." (allowed) If I provide IPv6 connectivity to my friends and family via a VPN service that I host is that still within the rules? Regards, Kimmo Paasiala
[ch] Jeroen Massar SixXS Staff on Wednesday, 05 September 2012 22:20:12
If I provide IPv6 connectivity to my friends and family via a VPN service that I host is that still within the rules?
No it is not within the rules. "friend and family" is a rather large group of people IMHO. It would also not be beneficial for them as traffic will bounce through multiple tunnels. Note that It also states in the big box above that:
Thus if a friend wants their own IPv6 connectivity, then show them through the signup process and help them out, but don't request an additional tunnel on your account or give them a part of your subnet.
What is the exact situation/problem that you are trying to resolve?
[fi] Shadow Hawkins on Wednesday, 05 September 2012 22:51:25
No real problem that I'm trying to solve. This is all just learning and experimenting. I'll stick to using the VPN service only for my own use. Thank you, Kimmo Paasiala
[ch] Jeroen Massar SixXS Staff on Wednesday, 05 September 2012 23:33:19
IPv6 Tunnels are just a form of "VPN", it makes one connect to the "IPv6 Network" instead of the Corporate or Home network.
This is all just learning and experimenting.
As far as we are aware then the rules etc in the FAQ should be allowing most of that.

Please note Posting is only allowed when you are logged in.

Static Sunset Edition of SixXS
©2001-2017 SixXS - IPv6 Deployment & Tunnel Broker