SixXS::Sunset 2017-06-06

IPv6-Tunnel using Netgear router
[de] Shadow Hawkins on Thursday, 15 January 2004 21:31:08
Hi folks. I have more of a hardware problem, than a problem with my actual ipv6-setup. For the last weeks I used a freenet6-tunnel at home and planned to switch to SixXS in a couple of weeks when the static tunnel we use at work made enough credits. ;^) Today I switched my router to a Netgear MR314 which broke my ability to build up a tunnel or at least use it. Does anyone have any experience with Netgear routers concerning v6-tunnels? I have the suspicion that they block or just don't route the ipv6 protocol. Thanks in advance. Michael
[be] Carmen Sandiego on Wednesday, 27 October 2004 16:59:51
Hi My brother buyed a router, so the linux router disapeared as router. But how can I forward IPv6 to the router? do I have to use the forward functie for protocol '*' I use a skyr@cer router. Greetz Tijmerd
[de] Shadow Hawkins on Monday, 19 January 2004 21:09:34
I don't have a Netgear router but I swapped a D-Link router for a Linksys router just because my D-Link was not able to pass proto 41 packets (IPv6 in IPv4). Try this (if your router supports it): - add a forward for all packets to your tunnel endpoint if this does not work - try to enable the DMZ feature und set the tunnel endpoint as your DMZ host if this does not work - use one of the setups above, try to create fake udp packets from outside using hping2. If this works (it should, it is to verify hping2 ) , create fake proto 41 packets using hping2. Check with tcpdump if you receive proto 41 packets on your tunnel endpoint If these packets are lost you probably own a anti-IPv6 router. Beg your vendor for firmware updates (unlikely you will be heard ;( ) or try to swap your router
[de] Shadow Hawkins on Wednesday, 24 November 2004 00:21:37
Hi. Using the tunnel endpoint as DMZ works solves the problem with my Netgear WGR614v4. Greets Thomas
[de] Shadow Hawkins on Monday, 26 January 2004 09:47:14
Hey Alex. I already tried the first two things, which didnt help in any way. I will check the thing with hping2, lets see what results come up with that. Thanks for the idea. Michael

Please note Posting is only allowed when you are logged in.

Static Sunset Edition of SixXS
©2001-2017 SixXS - IPv6 Deployment & Tunnel Broker