SixXS::Sunset 2017-06-06

New PoPs - Wondering if I should move
[us] Shadow Hawkins on Tuesday, 29 July 2008 10:47:25
I've had my tunnel less than three weeks, and now I learn they're setting up a new PoP within 30 miles. (On a side note, I've been through the 4 cities of the new PoPs multiple times since they were announced. Complete coincidence, except for Dallas which is local.) My current tunnel latency (my endpoint to uschi02 PoP) is 40-50 ms. I presume the new Dallas PoP will be even shorter than that since I am local to it. I'm just wondering how eager I should be to change PoPs. I think it's going to cost me ISK to move, and I presume my subnet would have to change, too? I might have to save up ISK for a few weeks to make the move.
New PoPs - Wondering if I should move
[ch] Jeroen Massar SixXS Staff on Tuesday, 29 July 2008 11:47:55
When a new PoP opens and it is closer for a user we generally donate credits to allow for renumbering and moving to new PoP thus making your connection better. If the latency increase is only 10-20ms though, it generally doesn't make a lot of sense to do so, but if you get much better performance then of course it is easy to do so. When the new PoPs are active we'll announce more details on this.

Please note Posting is only allowed when you are logged in.

Static Sunset Edition of SixXS
©2001-2017 SixXS - IPv6 Deployment & Tunnel Broker