SixXS::Sunset 2017-06-06

v6 and news - all FAQ links are dead
[nl] Shadow Hawkins on Tuesday, 13 January 2004 15:45:57
I've been using newszilla6 for a while and darn does it rock in comparison to the @Home (mostly text-only) newssever. Lately however newszilla6 keeps getting worse and worse, and is currently dead again. (You can connect but as soon as you do anything like retrieve headers - the connection is closed). I think they're gonna stop running it for v6 because they can allready barely keep up with the demands of paying customers, let alone us freebies. I tried the Bit.nl v6 newsserver a while back, i couldn't use it, hasn't changed. (502 newsfeed.bit.nl: Transfer permission denied to 3ffe:8114:1000::1ff - news@bit.nl (DIABLO 5-CUR-20030907-00) ) Ok, but i noticed a new one in the FAQ, whoh! 4 TB! news.ipv6.scarlet-internet.nl I was allready opening the champagne when i noticed... the hostname doesn't even exist. Are there any other great open v6 newsservers out there or should i just start paying for a good commercial v4 one (I so hate paying ;) ) Oh, and it might be wise to update the FAQ on that part.
[ch] Jeroen Massar SixXS Staff on Tuesday, 13 January 2004 15:56:11
Toch echt wel, werkt best ;) news.ipv6.scarlet-internet.nl CNAME dreaderd-2.news.ipv6.scarlet-internet.nl dreaderd-2.news.ipv6.scarlet-internet.nl AAAA 2001:960:3:119:0:0:0:2
[nl] Shadow Hawkins on Tuesday, 13 January 2004 16:01:21
Het werrek hier echt niet :P Ook niet na het geven van een schop aan mn DNS-server. Andere v6-only-hosts resolven prima, vaag. Iig werkt t op IP zo wel, thanks :D
[nl] Shadow Hawkins on Wednesday, 14 January 2004 00:10:46
I Thought this was all English, but I heavent got it working either. I used Outlook Express and I Connect to localhost because I needed to use: netsh interface portproxy add v4tov6 listenport=119 connectaddress=news.ipv6.scarlet-internet.nl connectport=119 for reverting IPv4 to IPv6 and this is with al the Servers. maby trying on IP works. PS. er werdt toch overal engels gesproken op SixXS? [edit] I tried on IP, and I keep getting the folowin error (sorry it is in Dutch)
Configuratie: Account: 192.168.0.4 (ook localhost en 127.0.0.1 geprobeerd) Server: 192.168.0.4 (ook localhost en 127.0.0.1 geprobeerd) Protocol: NNTP Poort: 119 Beveiligd(SSL): 0 CODE: 800ccc0e
even trying setting up the portproxy on my server did'n't work, not on IP not on Hostname. [/edit] [edit2] I found on google it means I can't get a connection with the news server I tried telnetting to it directly (Works) I tried telnetting throug the portproxy (Didn't) So i figured I need to check those configs this weekend (to bad HvU planned Exams this week) [/edit2]
[ch] Jeroen Massar SixXS Staff on Tuesday, 13 January 2004 15:57:03
The FAQ is based on what the ISP's supplied, the working of those services is not in our scope.

Please note Posting is only allowed when you are logged in.

Static Sunset Edition of SixXS
©2001-2017 SixXS - IPv6 Deployment & Tunnel Broker