SixXS::Sunset 2017-06-06

Tunnelrobot can't ping my ipv6 endpoint
[nl] Shadow Hawkins on Saturday, 31 May 2008 02:06:25
Hello, I seem to have a weird problem, i keep getting messages from the tunnel robot, that it can't ping my ipv6 endpoint. I have read the connection tracking FAQ and applied the necessary firewall rules. To rule out config problems on my end, i ran a ping to my ipv6 endpoint for a few days, to keep it alive(in case my config was bad). The pings never stopped, but again i received a message from the tunnel robot that my tunnel can't be pinged. I have also checked with tcpdump, and icmpv6 is coming through. Anyone here who could offer advice? Thanks in advance! Btw i use openwrt kamikaze 7.09, with the following iptables rules: iptables -A input_rule -p 41 -i $WAN -j ACCEPT iptables -t nat -D postrouting_rule -o $WAN -j MASQUERADE iptables -t nat -A postrouting_rule --protocol ! 41 -o $WAN -j MASQUERADE This should stop the connection from being tracked, right? Michel Snippe
Tunnelrobot can't ping my ipv6 endpoint
[nl] Shadow Hawkins on Saturday, 31 May 2008 11:01:40
I also ran a tcpdump all night, and i don't see any icmpv6 echo requests coming from the PoP. I should see 20 pings every half hour, right?

Please note Posting is only allowed when you are logged in.

Static Sunset Edition of SixXS
©2001-2017 SixXS - IPv6 Deployment & Tunnel Broker