SixXS::Sunset 2017-06-06

Solved a problem with Heartbeat and i'm proud
[nl] Carmen Sandiego on Saturday, 03 January 2004 16:59:29
Hi there , due 2 weeks of illness , I started my comp(winxp pro) to use it with Heartbeat. Oh no , it didn't work anymore !! . Don't panic , i tought to my self. ipv6 uninstall and a fresh ipv6 install and disable my ipv6 firewall , will be the solution. Oh no , it still doesn,t work :? . I couldn,t ping6 and tracert6, when Heartbeat once was activated.But before activating it was possible to do that. So , i was sure that my network-configuration was fine. A thousand things are going to my head , am i blocked by somebody? Was I auto-dissabled for not being pinged for 2 weeks ? I,ll spare you more details , but for the next 2 days , i tried so much things, that i almost went crazy. Several times I was close from emailing the SIXXS staff or ask it trough this forum. Read the FAQ , i said to my self !!! Cost me 3 days going to that stuff. No regrets !! The solution was there.( ofcourse ) What was going on ? I had used some little shareware progamm , that worked only 3 days. I thoughd , i was smart by turning my clock back to the date that i installed that programm. (Somebody must be laughing right now !!) Yes , I fooled that programm , and used it for several days. And then 2 weeks later , I was all forgotten wat I had done. Keep your machine NTP synced, if the timestamp difference is bigger than 120 seconds the heartbeat will be silently dropped. I must have seen it so many times , but as a Dutch , i had no idea what it ment. searching over the net , i finally got it !! Due the use off that shareware programm , i messed up with NTP By setting the clock at the right date , the Heartbeat ran fine !! So what did I learn this week ? Don't be afraid of making mistakes. I must read , instead of overlooking it. Don't give up easy. I'm no beginner neither an expert , but I was proud that I solved this problem , on my own. Please , please I'm looking forward to your reactions , negative or positive ! What do you think of my way of handling ? Excuses for my English, greetings , Jan Dart p.s. Mods , if this article doesn't belong here , then i'm sorry.
Solved a problem with Heartbeat and i'm proud
[nl] Shadow Hawkins on Saturday, 03 January 2004 18:27:46
Actualy I can say only one thing: WatBenJeDan.nl :P

Please note Posting is only allowed when you are logged in.

Static Sunset Edition of SixXS
©2001-2017 SixXS - IPv6 Deployment & Tunnel Broker