SixXS::Sunset 2017-06-06

Eweka offers free news over ipv6...
[nl] Shadow Hawkins on Wednesday, 28 May 2008 08:51:38
Since 21-05-2008 eweka offers free news to the ipv6 world. You can use news.ipv6.eweka.nl at 20 Mbit / 4 connections for free. It's without a username and password, just like the normal (payed) eweka access.
[de] Shadow Hawkins on Wednesday, 28 May 2008 13:39:02
Does eweka offer all groups ?
[nl] Shadow Hawkins on Friday, 30 May 2008 09:55:41
It does carry binaries if that is what you mean.
[nl] Shadow Hawkins on Wednesday, 18 June 2008 11:34:51
I only get connection refused, is this service disabled at the moment ?
[nl] Shadow Hawkins on Wednesday, 18 June 2008 12:34:54
Thats correct, we are currently working to get the machine backup.
[nl] Shadow Hawkins on Wednesday, 18 June 2008 12:35:29
We have removed the speed limit and raised the number of connections to 8. As of this moment the machine is down, but we are working on the issue as we speak.
[nl] Shadow Hawkins on Thursday, 19 June 2008 08:47:30
Thanks, using 4 connections it went right up to my set bandwidth limit, excellent service ! Unfortunately raising the # of connections to 8 got me "Access denied to your node" messages. Great service to the community though.
[nl] Shadow Hawkins on Friday, 20 June 2008 19:22:57
Hi Arjan, I just checked and it chould indeed be that that 8 connections where not allowed. Changed it in the config, so please try again. Also note, we don't feed the machine headers anymore because of ongoing problems with the RAID array. We might replace the machine anytime soon, maby not. Until that time, no headers :) - Lucas
[nl] Shadow Hawkins on Saturday, 05 July 2008 12:57:59
Unfurtunately I still get the "ipv6reader2.eweka.nl: Access denied to your node - ipv6@eweka.nl" message.
[nl] Shadow Hawkins on Friday, 20 June 2008 19:45:46
Hi, Just checked, and it seems you can make a million connections if you like. There is no hard connection limit configured. - Lucas
[nl] Shadow Hawkins on Friday, 20 June 2008 19:55:11
[UPDATE 3] Used the wrong option. Connections are again limit to 8 per IP. I know this is kinda useless if you run IPv6, but I kinda ask you guys to not abuse it ... :) Thanks !
[de] Shadow Hawkins SixXS PoP Administrator on Monday, 23 June 2008 12:35:31
Hmm, I get a connection fine - but no grouplist and no postings are available. What is the status of that service?
[nl] Shadow Hawkins on Monday, 23 June 2008 15:00:36
Grouplist is not avaible cause of the RAID issue. The machine is currently running without headers. Posting will no be avaiable for free. I'll see if I can make it avaiable later this week.
[pt] Shadow Hawkins on Monday, 23 June 2008 19:22:41
Why is that considering you initial posting stating ...
You can use news.ipv6.eweka.nl at 20 Mbit / 4 connections for free. It's without a username and password, just like the normal (payed) eweka access.
... giving the impression that posting would be possible?
[nl] Shadow Hawkins on Monday, 23 June 2008 19:32:43
Hi Roelf, Due to the nature of our platform setup we cannot allow the IPv6 reader to post towards our usenet platform. I will, together with the usenet team, investigate the possibilities and will report back asap. As you might know we already waived the speedlimit, and the connection limit has been raised to 8 connections. So for this test I think we done a great job so far :) One more question tho I have to the communitie; As you know, or might not know, we remove the posters IP address from the headers. Whould this be something this group also wants? If so, would you mind registering (for free) so that we can atleast track what is posted in case of legal issues? Let me know!
[pt] Shadow Hawkins on Monday, 23 June 2008 20:09:46
I don't see why posting the IP address would be a problem, as all users should, I very well see why it is important to keep a news feed spamfree. I also think it is the only way to offer the ipv6 community an open newsgate and I would not mind registering (for free :-) ) to obtain that access. Don't get me wrong my previous message stems of a bit of irritation because of the grandure in which Eweka is profilled here while delivering little (but a testbox?). Frankly I couldn't care less having a 4 or an 8 connection (speed)limit if I would be able to connect fast and reliable. Something I cannot in Portugal. Nowhere. The mostly lame binaries are no issue as I'm not to fond of binaries in my newsfeed. Over the last 10 years these have damaged NNTP severly and I really don't see why anyone would prefer NNTP over bittorrent or another file protocol.
[gb] Shadow Hawkins on Monday, 30 June 2008 21:37:18
I do not mind either way - either is fine! I wonder, will other news servers be able to cope with an IPv6 address in the headers?
[nl] Shadow Hawkins on Tuesday, 01 July 2008 00:01:15
We have been testing the post function and yes, other news servers can cope with it. Stay tuned ;)
[us] Shadow Hawkins on Saturday, 05 July 2008 08:49:18
This is great, thanks for this service! Is there any chance of offering encrypted access via stunnel or something similar?
[nz] Shadow Hawkins on Sunday, 19 October 2008 05:37:39
I too would like encrypted access. I believe the Eweka IPv4 usenet service supports SSL support so I presume the implementation won't be too difficult, you just have to enable it for IPv6. Would be useful in case of snooping ISPs and other parties...
[nl] Shadow Hawkins on Monday, 24 November 2008 13:22:15
At this point we will not offer SSL support on the IPv6 newsserver. news.ipv6.eweka.nl is currently on a single machine which is under heavy load. Enabling SSLtunneling of some sort will make the box explode. At this moment the next step in this plan is to enable IPv6 on our Load Balancers and bring it to the commercial platform. At that point we might also be able to support SSL
[us] Shadow Hawkins on Sunday, 30 November 2008 07:47:13
This is great news. Keep us posted :)
[nl] Shadow Hawkins on Tuesday, 02 December 2008 22:04:12
Thanks a lot for this excellent service! I'm very happy with it!
[nz] Shadow Hawkins on Sunday, 23 November 2008 12:11:43
Is the server broken again? The server was unreachable a few weeks ago for a few days then when it came back while reachable nothing seemed to transfer and the connection would eventually time out. It doesn't seem to be a problem on my side, at least my IPv6 seems to be working fine and as should be obvious, it used to work (and newszilla IPv6 still works).
[nl] Shadow Hawkins on Monday, 24 November 2008 13:22:44
Worked for me the whole weekend.
[pt] Shadow Hawkins on Tuesday, 09 December 2008 16:22:22
nc6 news.ipv6.eweka.nl 119 nc6: unable to connect to address news.ipv6.eweka.nl, service 119 nc6 newszilla6.xs4all.nl 119 201 dreader10.news.xs4all.nl NNRP Service Ready - newsmaster@xs4all.nl (no posting). 'nuf said
[ca] Shadow Hawkins on Thursday, 04 December 2008 02:24:33
Does anyone know of any news readers on the Mac I can use to connect. I tried Nemo and Unison, but neither of them seemed to work.
[ch] Jeroen Massar SixXS Staff on Thursday, 04 December 2008 10:05:57
Check if they actually support IPv6; otherwise you can always go for a tool like 6tunnel (which should compile on Mac OS X) or similar which can forward IPv4 ports to IPv6.
[ca] Shadow Hawkins on Wednesday, 10 December 2008 21:50:53
I have just got confirmation that Unison supports IPv6. Giving it another shot gave me a list of news groups.

Please note Posting is only allowed when you are logged in.

Static Sunset Edition of SixXS
©2001-2017 SixXS - IPv6 Deployment & Tunnel Broker