SixXS::Sunset 2017-06-06

Connection Problem after initial success!!
[in] Shadow Hawkins on Friday, 15 June 2012 13:38:15
After installing AICCU I could enter www.google.com.sixxs.org. But after one day on "cool IPv6 stuff" they show "You are connecting with IPv4. This collection of Cool IPv6 Stuff only works for IPv6 enabled hosts." and I am not able to access any sites mentioned there. But the tunnel is shown to exist. aiccu is shown to be installed and when I use "service aiccu start"(I am not sure whether it is the right thing to do) I get the following: start: Rejected send message, 1 matched rules; type="method_call", sender=":1.197" (uid=1000 pid=10489 comm="start aiccu ") interface="com.ubuntu.Upstart0_6.Job" member="Start" error name="(unset)" requested_reply="0" destination="com.ubuntu.Upstart" (uid=0 pid=1 comm="/sbin/init") "sudo aiccu test" returned nothing. Is the tunnel not always available for the user(mine is an ayiya tunnel as I am using a 2g connection through tethering).? Also will there be a problem if I change my connection to 3g? Please help!
[ch] Jeroen Massar SixXS Staff on Friday, 15 June 2012 18:04:02
But after one day on "cool IPv6 stuff" they show "You are connecting with IPv4. This collection of Cool IPv6 Stuff only works for IPv6 enabled hosts."
Please note that browsers do Happy Eyeballs nowadays, as such they might prefer IPv4 or when it is quicker and or some other metric is met. As such, use traceroute6 or tracepath6 to determine if your connectivity really works. Using a site like test-ipv6.com is much more reliable than the indicator we have as that uses javascript foo to force fetching over IPv4 and/or IPv6. Our site just shows the IPv4/IPv6 based on the connection made by the browser which is correct for that connection but might change on a refresh.
But the tunnel is shown to exist.
How is it 'shown to exist'? Did you check "ifconfig" or the output of "ip"?
"sudo aiccu test"
returned nothing.
Check your log files (/var/log/syslog /var/log/messages etc) and of course enable debugging output.
[in] Shadow Hawkins on Saturday, 16 June 2012 11:53:00
Thanks a lot for your reply. Can I ask one more thing? Will a particular tunnel work when host(installed with aiccu which have been given the same username and password during installation)and/or ISP is changed after requesting tunnel?
[ch] Jeroen Massar SixXS Staff on Saturday, 16 June 2012 17:17:28
Generally, yes. If the new ISP blocks things it might not work for instance.
[in] Shadow Hawkins on Saturday, 16 June 2012 19:14:44
Thanks for clearing my doubt!

Please note Posting is only allowed when you are logged in.

Static Sunset Edition of SixXS
©2001-2017 SixXS - IPv6 Deployment & Tunnel Broker