SixXS::Sunset 2017-06-06

Restart aiccu autmatically on changing connectivity
[de] Shadow Hawkins on Tuesday, 01 April 2008 11:40:23
========================================================================= ADMIN EDIT: The problem has been fixed in AICCU with the entry: "Don't use a connected UDP socket for AYIYA and heartbeat traffic", new version of which for linux/etc will be released later on ========================================================================= Hi, I have a Notebook with a dynamic AYIYA tunnel set up. When I'm on the road, my network connectivity changes quite often (WLAN, UMTS, with NAT, without NAT, ...). Sometimes, the tunnel does not come up automatically after changing connectivity. The daemon is still running. In order to fix this, I wrote a small script to restart the daemon, but only if it is running already. I do not want to have it started automatically. Works fine for me. Maybe it is interesting for anybody else out there having similar problems. It should be suitable for Debian and Ubuntu: [ADMIN SNIP]
[ch] Shadow Hawkins on Wednesday, 29 October 2008 02:40:45
It would be even nicer if AICCU could detect that the underlying network interface has changed its state (for example it's IPv4 address) so that AICCU can re-establish the tunnel.
[ch] Jeroen Massar SixXS Staff on Wednesday, 29 October 2008 10:25:18
Which is a lot of fun to do on all possible operating systems in all possible configurations. The current fix solves it just fine.
[fr] Shadow Hawkins on Thursday, 26 May 2011 14:18:26
But we're still waiting for the linux versions..
[us] Shadow Hawkins on Thursday, 26 May 2011 15:35:47
But we're still waiting for the linux versions..
But if we had the source for the Windows version we could do the port ourselves.
[it] Shadow Hawkins on Monday, 06 June 2011 23:47:32
Is there any news from Sixxs guys, about this? @Bernhard Bock: Could you send me the script to reload aiccu? Thank you.
[ch] Jeroen Massar SixXS Staff on Tuesday, 07 June 2011 10:52:28
Restarting it does not solve your problem, it only circumvents it. When the TIC server notices to many restarts it will automatically block that client.
[us] Shadow Hawkins on Tuesday, 07 June 2011 15:26:14
Most people with this problem don't need to restart that often. If they do the effect will be the same whether they do it by hand or use a script.

Please note Posting is only allowed when you are logged in.

Static Sunset Edition of SixXS
©2001-2017 SixXS - IPv6 Deployment & Tunnel Broker