SixXS::Sunset 2017-06-06

Prefixes registered in RIPE registry
[be] Carmen Sandiego on Friday, 05 December 2003 19:53:14
How will that go for users registered here with a 6BONE handle and that are using RIPE space? I do have a RIPE handle already btw, but too late to use it here I guess ;)
[ch] Jeroen Massar SixXS Staff on Saturday, 06 December 2003 12:36:46
If the users handle is a RIPE handle the admin-c is set to that and otherwise it is set to SIXT1-RIPE.
[de] Shadow Hawkins on Saturday, 06 December 2003 13:05:45
Hi, nice to know. I've looked for the subnet, I've requested and it exists in the ripe whois database. :) But the SIXT1-RIPE is set as admin-c. How can I set my Nic-handle to this subnet? Should I contact the currently admin-c? Bye, Dennis
[be] Carmen Sandiego on Saturday, 06 December 2003 14:09:24
Yes I would like this too since I do have a RIPE handle, and if it would be even possible, change my login for SixXS to this handle too, but I think that it is not? :)
[de] Shadow Hawkins on Monday, 08 December 2003 12:45:13
Hi. I've requested a reverse delegation to my nameserver, some days ago. The IPv6 range is now set to my RIPE handle. :) Thanks to SixXS staff and Robert Kiessling from Easynet POP. Robby, I don't know if it's possible to change your account from an existing 6BONE to a RIPE handle. But on the Userinfo Page (http://www.sixxs.net/home/userinfo/) I could read this: "If you want this information to be updated you should update your handle and notify info@sixxs.net that you have changed the object, after which we will update it in our database." Bye, Dennis
[de] Shadow Hawkins on Friday, 12 December 2003 14:46:50
That's good, because then the RIPE handle I registered first (because I thought I could only get RIPE subnet space with a RIPE handle, not a 6BONE handle :) will not be prone for deletion this way (checked mine yesterday). Thanks SixXS staff, that you changed your decision to not create inet6num objects in the RIPE database to this good one.
[ch] Jeroen Massar SixXS Staff on Sunday, 14 December 2003 18:25:55
Deletion of objects in the RIPE registry will only occur if there are no references to the object and the e-mail address defined in the object doesn't reply to the inquiries, so that should not be a problem.
[be] Shadow Hawkins on Tuesday, 02 March 2004 12:58:59
So, what I didn't get out of this discussion was.. is it possible to change from 6BONE handle to RIPE handle in the SixXS system? :)
[be] Carmen Sandiego on Saturday, 06 March 2004 16:22:47
Indeed, I'd like to know that too.
[de] Shadow Hawkins on Saturday, 06 March 2004 16:42:41
Me too. I mailed to info@sixxs.net some days ago, but there was no answer yet. Which is strange because I always got very fast answers. They are probably very busy at the moment or my mail never arrived in their mailbox Alexander Feigl
[ch] Jeroen Massar SixXS Staff on Saturday, 06 March 2004 19:54:27
That is because there are entities in this world who like to spam, send virusses and other junk, apparently the info address is a hot target so sometimes it might take some time before everything is cleansed out and replies can be sent. Next to that it says nowhere that we have a 24/7 noc for helpdeskish questions. Just be patient a bit, it is weekend after all.
[de] Shadow Hawkins on Sunday, 07 March 2004 00:36:53
It was not a rant that I didn't get an answer within 1-2 days. In contrary: until now the answers were quite fast and I suspected technical problems on my side because your answers were at least as fast as one would expect when contacting a 24/7 help desk.
[ch] Jeroen Massar SixXS Staff on Saturday, 06 March 2004 19:30:48
It is possible but we only do it when the RIPE handle is properly maintained and ofcourse complete, this to avoid that people start registering in the RIPE registering and poluting it like what has happened with the 6bone registry.
[de] Shadow Hawkins on Sunday, 07 March 2004 00:38:19
What is the definition of properly maintained? Is it enough to set up a maintainer to protect the data and keep it up-to-date? Alexander Feigl
[de] Shadow Hawkins on Monday, 08 March 2004 19:41:25
And additionally it is only possible to create a mntner if the RIPE handle is currently references as admin-c or tech-c, so how to do it if there's no inet6num object already registered to this handle? I also got my RIPE handle, but signed up initially with my 6BONE handle. So there would be no conversion until I get a mntner for my RIPE handle? Philipp Kern
[ch] Jeroen Massar SixXS Staff on Tuesday, 09 March 2004 02:46:32
Which is exactly one of the things we want to prevent as then RIPE will be overloaded with maintainer requests for singly registered objects. I wonder why it actually is that important to be in the RIPE registry, most people don't want to give out their address at all.
[ch] Jeroen Massar SixXS Staff on Tuesday, 09 March 2004 02:47:19
That is indeed the definition of properly maintained, aka that a person object has a mnt-by: in it's object.

Please note Posting is only allowed when you are logged in.

Static Sunset Edition of SixXS
©2001-2017 SixXS - IPv6 Deployment & Tunnel Broker