SixXS::Sunset 2017-06-06

UP for more than 2 weeks but no ISK earned
[nl] Shadow Hawkins on Thursday, 22 March 2012 15:46:32
Hello, I have my static tunnel op for 17 days now but the log doesn't show anything. Also no ISK earned. All graphs show there is connectivity. Also my firewall shows IPv6 pings coming in and the answer going out. Tunnel information is showing an uptime of 17 days and all IP (IPv4 and IPv6) addresses known. Am I overlooking something? Andre
[de] Shadow Hawkins on Friday, 23 March 2012 13:14:47
These are the relevant statements from the ISK-FAQ: (1) As dynamic (AYIYA and heartbeat) tunnels won't be up all the time it will only receive a 5 ISK bonus after it has been created for one week. (2) After that uptime credits will be given every two weeks when the tunnel is alive. (3) The host pinged yet another week credits 5 (last entry of cost table) (4) The above list shows the default credit costs, each PoP can have their own set of costs. But unfortunately they are not that clear, that they should be. For example, according to (2) and (3) one should get 10 ISK every 2 weeks. But the truth with my tunnels is, that I only get 5 ISK per 2 weeks, but may be that is because of (4). Not mentioned in the ISK-FAQ, butseen in some forum contributions and as far as I understand: (a) If the tunnel is dead (does not reply to pings from the PoP) for more than one day, the counter for aliveness is reset to zero. So you must run your tunnel for 2 weeks at least one time every day, to get the next ISK charge. (b) The measured latency of your tunnel during aliveness must be below 100 ms for most of the time, but I don't know the exact criterion that leads to a failure to meet this condition.
[ch] Jeroen Massar SixXS Staff on Friday, 23 March 2012 14:58:50
As it is stated in the FAQ: Dynamic tunnels get 5 ISK after a week (day 7), then every two weeks after that (thus days 21, 35, 49, etc) it will also receive credits, the amount is indeed 5 ISK per event. Static tunnels receive 5 ISK every 7 days of being up. The 'up' factor is that it responds with ICMPv6 Echo Replies to ICMPv6 Echo Requests (aka 'ping') coming from the PoP (the <tunnel>::1 address to be precise).
(4) The above list shows the default credit costs, each PoP can have their own set of costs.
The cost table is the same for all the PoPs, technically they could deviate but we actually never saw a need for it to be different yet.
But the truth with my tunnels is, that I only get 5 ISK per 2 weeks,
If you have a dynamic tunnel, that is correct.
(a) If the tunnel is dead (does not reply to pings from the PoP) for more than one day, the counter for aliveness is reset to zero.
That is correct, but also logical. It is more an implementation detail though.
So you must run your tunnel for 2 weeks at least one time every day, to get the next ISK charge.
This is what is stated in the FAQ.
(b) The measured latency of your tunnel during aliveness must be below 100 ms for most of the time, but I don't know the exact criterion that leads to a failure to meet this condition.
This is a per-PoP thing, as latency requirements are set per PoP, most are set to 100. Almost all tunnels are below 100ms though as we do not allocate a tunnel to endpoints with more than 100ms latency, except for special countries where there are no local PoPs.
[de] Shadow Hawkins on Friday, 23 March 2012 16:00:02
Thank you very much for your clarifications!
That is correct, but also logical.
It's not always that clear and logical as you might think. For example, the 2 weeks aliveness condition for dynamic tunnels could also be (mis-)understood as an accumulated aliveness which allows intermediate dead days.
This is what is stated in the FAQ.
It's not obvious from your FAQ, that the 2 weeks must be interpreted as contiguous. It might help to invest some time for a few additional and clarifying statements within the ISK-FAQ.
[de] Shadow Hawkins on Friday, 23 March 2012 13:36:32
Sorry, I didn't read your contribution exactly enough. You talk about a static tunnel, where other/additional conditions are in force. But nevertheless, there is still some uncertainty about the exact rules that govern the wins (and in your case also the losses) of ISK.
[nl] Shadow Hawkins on Friday, 23 March 2012 20:49:00
Thanks so far. Even though it is not exactly clear how to interpret the uptime of the tunnel, in my case I know the tunnel is up for more than 17 days without interruption. So in my opinion I should have earned some ISK's Lets wait a few more days..
[sg] Shadow Hawkins on Sunday, 20 May 2012 15:53:50
I also face same problem before. So if up to more than 2 weeks but no ISK earned, then should report, or inform who? what is the contact information?
[at] Shadow Hawkins on Thursday, 24 May 2012 19:41:24
For me it looks like if there was a problem in the ISK system begin of may. I have 2 tunnels up since 14 weeks now but according to log I did not earn ISK after 12 weeks uptime.
2012-05-17 01:15:26 Dynamic Tunnel T63xxx is alive for 14 weeks 5 2012-05-17 01:15:26 Dynamic Tunnel T67xxx is alive for 14 weeks 5 2012-04-19 01:15:27 Dynamic Tunnel T67xxx is alive for 10 weeks 5 2012-04-19 01:15:27 Dynamic Tunnel T63xxx is alive for 10 weeks 5
But it does not bother me much because I have enough ISK at the moment. Greeting from Bisamberg Hannes

Please note Posting is only allowed when you are logged in.

Static Sunset Edition of SixXS
©2001-2017 SixXS - IPv6 Deployment & Tunnel Broker