SixXS::Sunset 2017-06-06

Recent high packet loss to gateway
[gb] Shadow Hawkins on Tuesday, 06 March 2012 19:15:30
Hi I raised a ticket due to high packet loss when pinging my POP's gateway and was told that it's a "remote problem" which on further probing seemed to mean that it's an IPv4 problem - which I'm failing to see / understand. Backing up a bit... Since around 08:00 this morning I'm seeing significant, sustained packet loss when I ping my POP's (IPv6) gateway. The loss currently is trending at 18% but seems to be creeping up. If you visit <http://f8lure.mouselike.org/index.asp?DoAction=ViewHost&HostName=ipv6.ldml.com> you can see the issue. That URL has links to historic graphs which show that the packet loss increased markedly around 20:00 / 22:00 last night (2012-02-05), came back for a little while but subsequently has been consistently bad since around 08:00. Comparisons to IPv4 traffic can be seen at <http://f8lure.mouselike.org/index.asp?DoAction=ViewHost&HostName=78.105.5.204>. This shows little packet loss. FWIW, my provider, Be*, has had some significant issues in the recent past but these seem to have been addressed. Be* always have denied any sort of traffic shaping - but maybe that kicked in this morning? When I ping the POP's IPv4 address I see no packet loss. Pinging the external interface of my IPv6 router, I see no packet loss. So IPv6 traffic _only_ is being affected somewhere between my external IPv6 interface and the POPs gateway. It a recent issue which appeared, disappeared and then re-appeared with no changes being made this end. I do not know how to narrow down the problem further so that I can resolve the problem and would appreciate any pointers / ideas. TIA Simon
Recent high packet loss to gateway
[gb] Shadow Hawkins on Wednesday, 07 March 2012 14:21:23
Talking to myself... It seems that a reboot of my router has made the problem go away. Not too sure why but not complaining. Simon

Please note Posting is only allowed when you are logged in.

Static Sunset Edition of SixXS
©2001-2017 SixXS - IPv6 Deployment & Tunnel Broker