SixXS::Sunset 2017-06-06

New Easynet POP to replace PSINet POP
[de] Shadow Hawkins on Monday, 24 November 2003 18:18:08
I just got the mail that the New Easynet POP will replace the PSINet POP. Well, that really sucks. New IPs new Subnets, so i have to reconfigure all Tunnels, DNS servers etc... I dont call that stable. :-((( Rudy
[de] Shadow Hawkins SixXS PoP Administrator on Monday, 24 November 2003 18:41:39
You are free to make a donation to run a POP for ten years continuously. But until that arrives, we have to live with the resources given. We went to great length to allow an uninterrupted connectivity. With several hours of work we installed a temporary server just to facilitate your moving, i.e. provide connectivity via old and new POP at the same time. Before that there were intensive discussions with PSINet and their agreement to run the old POP until a replacement is found. How would you call all this? Robert
[pl] Shadow Hawkins on Tuesday, 25 November 2003 00:59:35
Well... great work, nicely done but i hope i won't loose my place in 'tunnel uptime statistics' >:)
[ch] Jeroen Massar SixXS Staff on Monday, 24 November 2003 19:16:47
So SixXS is not stable because we nicely replace a POP after you have had a free stable tunnel for 30 weeks and didn't have to pay a cent for it. If you don't like it you can always go somewhere else, it's free to use and to go too... It would have been bad if we didn't notify you that you got a week time to change over and simply left you in the cold. We could have done that ofcourse, but we didn't for obvious reasons. We could also simply closed the PSINet POP without searching for a replacement and then deny all german users access to SixXS. Checking your tunnel it seems your main reason is using it for IRC anyways with a big latency spike since October, you really should not be complaining.
[de] Shadow Hawkins on Monday, 24 November 2003 19:30:49
Well I must say sorry, After all the service is good AND free. i just got home from a long day at work and got that mail and I was like "not that too..." and you did the best to make the change as smoth as possible. Well sorry again and keep the good work up. Btw: i use that tunnel for ssh as well. and i have http, dns and ftp runing on it as well, but few people use v6 to connect to thoses servers :( and i dont know where the big latency spike since October comes from. Rudy
[de] Shadow Hawkins on Tuesday, 25 November 2003 09:39:33
Hi IMHO it's a normal task that networks get moved and pops get changed, this indicates that the net is still alive and growing. It also has the effect that users which are not really intrested in working with this service get away. I think SIXXS.NET is doing a great job and they do it rellay proffessional, even more than commercial providers. So be kind that you are allowed to use this service. Just my $0.02 Greets, Andre
[de] Shadow Hawkins on Thursday, 11 December 2003 20:46:07
I had to disable my tunnel and subnet 2 months ago because of losing my server. My disabled tunnel and subnet was been deleted when PSINet stopped working. Unfortunately I got no Mail that told me that PSINet is closing and I have to request my tunnel and subnet new. OK, I had enough credits (25) to get a new one (dynamic), but maybe other people didn't. Anyway, THANK YOU SIXXS STUFF for providing this free service! Markus

Please note Posting is only allowed when you are logged in.

Static Sunset Edition of SixXS
©2001-2017 SixXS - IPv6 Deployment & Tunnel Broker