SixXS::Sunset 2017-06-06

Move Subnet?
[us] Shadow Hawkins on Tuesday, 18 December 2007 01:26:33
Is it possible to move a subnet to a different tunnel? I seem to have requested my subnet at the wrong tunnel :(
Move Subnet?
[ch] Jeroen Massar SixXS Staff on Tuesday, 18 December 2007 09:14:46
If it is on the same PoP, mail the staff and it generally can be arranged.
Move Subnet?
[no] Shadow Hawkins on Tuesday, 13 May 2008 11:20:26
What if one would like to change the POP used (i.e. moving a subnet from a tunnel to another)?
Move Subnet?
[it] Shadow Hawkins on Wednesday, 14 May 2008 11:30:36
Move Subnet?
[no] Shadow Hawkins on Wednesday, 14 May 2008 09:11:56
While I whole-heartedly appreciate that you are trying to help by referring to the FAQ entry, I must point out that it does not mention anything about subnets. In my opinion, it should be updated.
Move Subnet?
[ch] Jeroen Massar SixXS Staff on Wednesday, 14 May 2008 11:30:59
Strange, as the title of that FAQ entry definitely is "Can I move my tunnel/subnet to another PoP?".
Move Subnet?
[no] Shadow Hawkins on Wednesday, 14 May 2008 12:40:09
Then again, the title is not the entry . While I do understand now that the subnets and tunnels seem to be inseparable, this is not mentioned in any way in the text. Allow me to further explain this by referencing the text: "Moving your tunnel to another PoP is impossible because the various PoP's are run by separate ISP's. [...] In case you want to change PoP, you can always request a tunnel from a different PoP." - The text talks about tunnels and PoP's, but never mentions subnets. I guess anyone fairly interested would reach the conclusion that moving subnets is not a possibility (as I did) from reading a bit about the general concept of subnets (or from reading this forum post), but I don't think it would hurt to just comment this in the FAQ. Just my two cents, that's all.

Please note Posting is only allowed when you are logged in.

Static Sunset Edition of SixXS
©2001-2017 SixXS - IPv6 Deployment & Tunnel Broker