SixXS::Sunset 2017-06-06

Routing IPv6 over IPv4 ?
[gb] Shadow Hawkins on Wednesday, 31 October 2007 15:43:17
Hi, I have a multihomed network running IPv4 (with my own PA allocation) and I now also have IPv6 PA space (a /32). Both of my upstream transit providers only support IPv4. One of the ISPs (Tiscali) used by one my upstream transit provider supports IPv4/IPv6 but how I understand it, my upstream transit provider needs to IPv6-enable their network before I can start advertising my IPv6 prefix to the rest of the IPv6-speaking world. Is there any way at all to advertise an IPv6 prefix when using purely IPv4-only upstreams ? ... or am I stuck using 6-in-4 tunnels for the foreseeable future ? Thanks in advance! Regards, Terry Froy Spilsby Internet Solutions http://www.spilsby.net/
Routing IPv6 over IPv4 ?
[ch] Jeroen Massar SixXS Staff on Wednesday, 31 October 2007 15:55:59
You will want to contact IPv6 Transit Providers and ask them about it. You can always setup an IPv6 in IPv4 to one of them, to a part of their network that does support IPv6. You might also consider using a different transit provider for IPv6 for the time being. As for 'advertising IPv6 over IPv4', no that really isn't possible.
Routing IPv6 over IPv4 ?
[gb] Shadow Hawkins on Thursday, 01 November 2007 22:18:45
Jeroen, Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. Daniel @ Kewlio.net via the ipv6-ops mailing list has sorted me out with exactly what I need. Regards, Terry

Please note Posting is only allowed when you are logged in.

Static Sunset Edition of SixXS
©2001-2017 SixXS - IPv6 Deployment & Tunnel Broker