SixXS::Sunset 2017-06-06

Restrictions on tunnels ?
[fr] Shadow Hawkins on Tuesday, 30 October 2007 00:35:18
Hi, I have a laptop and I want to have an IPv6 connectivity. And because the networks I connect to are using NATs, I can't use directly 6to4. When I request for a tunnel, I have to tel in which city I use it. But actually I use my laptop in two different cities, on two different networks. What should I do ? Also, i saw that it was not recommended if I leave a tunnel w/o using it. Is there a possibility to stop tempoarily a tunnel when I know I won't use it for some time ? Or do i have to delete it and recreate it ? Last thing a little bit off-topic. Apparently the e-mail address I gave is available through whois. Actually I don't recieve any SPAM on this address and I don't want to recieve any in the uture. Is there any danger (that should make me use an address that already recieve spam) or not ? Thanks. Mildred
[ch] Jeroen Massar SixXS Staff on Tuesday, 30 October 2007 12:16:55
When I request for a tunnel, I have to tel in which city I use it. But actually I use my laptop in two different cities, on two different networks. What should I do ?
Fill in: "City1 and City2"
Also, i saw that it was not recommended if I leave a tunnel w/o using it.
This only goes for static tunnels. The main reason is that the PoP pings the endpoint in that case. As such it will detect downtime, but worse, when somebody else gets that IPv4 address their firewall software most likely will complain and we will get another abuse complaint.
Is there a possibility to stop tempoarily a tunnel when I know I won't use it for some time ?
Heartbeat and AYIYA tunnels, which are dynamic in nature, automatically get 'disabled' when you don't send respectively heartbeat or AYIYA packets anymore. Static tunnels can be disabled using the webinterface.
Or do i have to delete it and recreate it ?
Deletion is a nono, it would cost you credits anyway. Even if you don't use a tunnel, simply disabling it and/or not using it is better.
[fr] Shadow Hawkins on Tuesday, 30 October 2007 13:03:00
thank you, I didn't realized that. Mildred

Please note Posting is only allowed when you are logged in.

Static Sunset Edition of SixXS
©2001-2017 SixXS - IPv6 Deployment & Tunnel Broker