SixXS::Sunset 2017-06-06

Problem accessing some ipv6 websites
[us] Shadow Hawkins on Thursday, 24 November 2011 07:23:29
When I log on to sixxs' website, i get confirmation of my ipv6 address, but if i try to ipv6.he.net/certification/cert-main.php they still see me as ipv4. I also tested a couple of other sites, ipv6.google.com and www.kame.net seem towork fine, but test-ipv6.com tells me again that i dont have an ipv6 address... I don't get it, what is the difference between these sites, or what can be causing this issue... the browser is chrome and the OS is Win7.
[ch] Jeroen Massar SixXS Staff on Thursday, 24 November 2011 10:49:28
You could try a traceroute (tracert on windows) to the destination to see if you can reach it. Then you know that you have a valid IPv6 path. Browsers and OS might though fall back to IPv4 when they think it is more appropriate thanks to this new concept called happy eyeballs, results may vary.
[de] Shadow Hawkins on Friday, 25 November 2011 21:49:51
Test again with Firefox and it should work. The Firefox automatic ipv4 Fallback got delayed and is only on the coming Firefox10 or 11.
[us] Shadow Hawkins on Tuesday, 29 November 2011 20:38:59
Cool, I was looking for some firefox ipv6 support info with no luck. I an currently testing these sites with both Firefox and chrome (latest versions both) I'll keep trying/testing and waiting a fix/solution. thanks for both answers guys.

Please note Posting is only allowed when you are logged in.

Static Sunset Edition of SixXS
©2001-2017 SixXS - IPv6 Deployment & Tunnel Broker