SixXS::Sunset 2017-06-06

How are you utilizing SixXS?
[us] Shadow Hawkins on Friday, 05 October 2007 03:16:51
I'd like to throw the question out there as to how people are using their tunnels and /48 allocations in either work or pleasure. For my part, I'm rolling out a VPN for my company (a small rental-car firm) with 25 /64's (1 for VPN nodes; 1 for server farm CPUs; 23 for offices). I'm allocating a private /48 to maintain the VPN, and the SixXS /48 to provide global V6 access. *Routers: mostly OpenWRT Linux (versions 0.9 or 7.06) programmed Asus & Buffalo routers. *VPN software: tinc, using switch/ethernet mode at the router level. *Routing software: Quagga is used for providing route advertisements and dynamic routing. *IPv6 software in use: Lighttpd web server for Intranet; GAIM/Pidgin for Jabber-based chat; ejabberd for a chat server; IPv6-modified VNC for remote desktop control; stone & NT6tunnel to make IPv4 applications compatible (this allows the Windows chat programs and our Windows email server to be V6-enabled). I'm eager to hear how others are doing and if there's something more that can be done with this fine service. :)

Please note Posting is only allowed when you are logged in.

Static Sunset Edition of SixXS
©2001-2017 SixXS - IPv6 Deployment & Tunnel Broker