SixXS::Sunset 2017-06-06

Tunnel behind NAT
[br] Shadow Hawkins on Thursday, 27 October 2011 13:53:26
Hello friends. I've been trying in recent days all existing tunnelbrokers. The SixXS works behind NAT? The operation of my internet is: Packet => My ISP (187.4.44.62) => My radio antenna (Power Over Ethernet - 192.168.100.1) => My PC (192.168.100.2)
Tunnel behind NAT
[us] Shadow Hawkins on Thursday, 27 October 2011 14:08:58
Yes. You can use a SixXS tunnel over multiple layers of NAT if you use the aiccu client with the tunnel type AYIYA (Anything in Anything). AYIYA uses UDP packets to communicate with the PoP. On a personal note, I have used AYIYA behind a carrier grade NAT setup when I tether with my cellphone.
Tunnel behind NAT
[ch] Jeroen Massar SixXS Staff on Thursday, 27 October 2011 14:41:19
Could not have said it much better, except for pointing to the FAQ: IPv6 Transition Mechanism / Tunneling Comparison which also shows what does and what does not work behind a NAT and allows one to pick the best method given the constraints one is working in.
Tunnel behind NAT
[br] Shadow Hawkins on Thursday, 27 October 2011 15:15:59
Thanks very much. r me being able to customize my IP (eg: 2001:0DB8:CAFE:DAD0:FACA:CA5A:F0CA:DEAD), I'll have to wait to get ISK for a subnet?
Tunnel behind NAT
[ch] Jeroen Massar SixXS Staff on Thursday, 27 October 2011 15:47:06
You might first want to read the FAQ: What are your thoughts on DNS Pollution? Spelling cool names with IPv6 addresses is not proper use of IPv6. IP addresses are meant for addressing hosts.
Tunnel behind NAT
[br] Shadow Hawkins on Thursday, 27 October 2011 17:45:06
Thanks buddy, but even so I think the ability to customize IPs is a positive differential of IPv6 :)
Tunnel behind NAT
[ch] Jeroen Massar SixXS Staff on Thursday, 27 October 2011 17:47:50
I guess you missed the last section stating "Our policy is immediate and irrevocable deletion of the user account and all resources linked to it,"... As such, don't upset the dogs.
Tunnel behind NAT
[br] Shadow Hawkins on Friday, 28 October 2011 14:24:10
I do not want to be rude, but I think these policies are not legal. I believe if the address is mine, I can customize the way I want. But if this is "spam", I can use tunnel elsewhere. Hug!
Tunnel behind NAT
[ch] Jeroen Massar SixXS Staff on Friday, 28 October 2011 14:31:54
I do not want to be rude, but I think these policies are not legal.
How exactly is what not 'legal'? Please elaborate, we are very interested in hearing more about this.
I believe if the address is mine
The address is not "yours" in any way. Actually it is not even SixXS's, we also only have these on loan from the ISP who provides them and they in turn got it from a RIR who got it from IANA. There is no such thing as 'address ownership' as you can't buy them (not in the RIR model at least). The ISP can put rules on usage of the address space though to which the user has to abide.
Tunnel behind NAT
[br] Shadow Hawkins on Friday, 28 October 2011 14:37:20
legal = cool, understand? W end the discussion here!
Tunnel behind NAT
[br] Shadow Hawkins on Friday, 28 October 2011 14:56:53
But I was curious. What do you mean by "do not upset the dogs."?
Tunnel behind NAT
[ch] Jeroen Massar SixXS Staff on Friday, 28 October 2011 14:59:44
legal = cool, understand?
No, as that is not a definition that anybody uses.
Tunnel behind NAT
[br] Shadow Hawkins on Friday, 28 October 2011 15:04:25
Ok, dont use in Canad =) But I was curious. What do you mean by "do not upset the dogs."?
Tunnel behind NAT
[ch] Jeroen Massar SixXS Staff on Friday, 28 October 2011 16:43:37
"do not upset the dogs" as in if you attract attention you will get noticed, in a similar vain "do not bite the hand that feeds you".
Tunnel behind NAT
[br] Shadow Hawkins on Friday, 28 October 2011 17:09:34
Honestly, I could not understand right, but thanks for the help and sorry for the inconvenience.

Please note Posting is only allowed when you are logged in.

Static Sunset Edition of SixXS
©2001-2017 SixXS - IPv6 Deployment & Tunnel Broker