SixXS::Sunset 2017-06-06

IPV6 on Windows Vista 64 bit, new TAP Drivers and Aiccu.
[it] Carmen Sandiego on Thursday, 23 August 2007 18:13:18
Hello, i am a SixXS - AYIYA user (i am behind a NAT) and everything was fine and worked on Windows XP. i started having problem with sixxs when i installed windows Vista. All i understood was that my problem came from the TAP Drivers, and furthermore i was not able to install them, pheraps cause i use the 64 bit version of Vista. finally today i managed to install the new Tap Driver win-32 thx to openvpn-2.1_rc4-install , the new version of openVPN. I am now able to create virtual ethernet device and everything seems fine, no error and no blue screen. There is a last thing that seems not to be working yet ... : Aiccu. It just doesn't create it's own virtual device (aiccu) like in Windows XP. I know the this is an official problem, and that Aiccu will be support the new TAP Drivers in the future version (and i am wondering when are they coming out ... ) , but i want to ask if there is something i can do ... Can i manually set an AYIYA tunnel without using Aiccu? Is it so difficult? What do i need to do that? Several months passed since Vista appeard, i think it is time to make all working soon ... Let's see if we can solve this helping each other.
[ch] Jeroen Massar SixXS Staff on Thursday, 23 August 2007 18:51:40
As mentioned at 2007-10-01 - Windows Vista: AYIYA works, it actually worked. Unfortunately M$ deemed that the driver TunTap driver was broken and thus you can't install it anymore with the old identifiers anymore, the current AICCU builds depend on that though and as such it won't work. We are busy building a new version of AICCU with a lot of improvements, as can be read at AICCU version history. When that version comes out it will also support both the old style and new style TunTAP driver which should then happily work again even on Vista.
[it] Carmen Sandiego on Thursday, 23 August 2007 19:17:34
The news u posted has a broken link. Do u have a link to a guide where i can find the this patched version of the tap drivers and the way to install them? Thx a lot.
[ch] Jeroen Massar SixXS Staff on Thursday, 23 August 2007 19:31:25
See the OpenVPN website. The driver that was available then (and is from the aiccu download page) has since been blocked on Vista by M$ and as such doesn't function anymore. See explanation above.
[it] Carmen Sandiego on Thursday, 23 August 2007 19:34:17
I found the Henry Nestler tap drivers on his web site http://www.henrynestler.com/ then i did C:\Rosaria>tapcontrol install OemWin2k.inf tap0801co tapcontrol failed. then i C:\Alex_Vista\Nuova cartella>tapcontrol update OemWin2k.inf tap0801co Updating drivers for tap0801co from C:\Alex_Vista\Nuova cartella\OemWin2k.inf. Aiccu is still not working, what is this patch for? I found no information so far. Thx again.
[it] Carmen Sandiego on Thursday, 23 August 2007 19:36:09
Ahhhhh now i understand, so ACTUALLY there is no way to make Aiccu WORK on vista at the moment. Sorry, i didn't understand you. M$ stands for Microsoft i suppose. Then i hope the new version of Aiccu will be out soon ... :( Bye

Please note Posting is only allowed when you are logged in.

Static Sunset Edition of SixXS
©2001-2017 SixXS - IPv6 Deployment & Tunnel Broker