SixXS::Sunset 2017-06-06

Problem with Internet Explorer and IPv6
[se] Shadow Hawkins on Thursday, 23 October 2003 10:12:15
I have a strange problem with Internet Explorer 6 on Windows XP SP1. I cannot access any IPv6 webpages, if I try and load one my cpu utilization goes to 100% and Internet Explorer eats more and more memory untill I stop the page load. I'm not using a proxy, that (to my knowledge) is the only thing that would stop Internet Explorer from working with IPv6. Browsing IPv6 webpages with Opera works just fine, so does tracert6 and ping6. (I'm writing this connecting with Opera using IPv6...) I'm clueless as to what is wrong :? If anyone has any ideas please let me know.
[ch] Jeroen Massar SixXS Staff on Thursday, 23 October 2003 00:04:09
Does www.ipv4.sixxs.net work? Does www.ipv6.sixxs.net work? Does www.sixxs.net work? It might be a Firewall or Anti-Virus application that is blocking your connections. There have been a number of issues with those kind of applications. Though in those cases icmp didn't work either and Opera apparently works. More diagnosis is required. You might want to contact microsoft at ipv6-fb@microsoft.com as on XP SP1 and up it is a supported feature.
[se] Shadow Hawkins on Thursday, 23 October 2003 01:11:33
Might be NOD32 that causes his problems then, I know he uses that. I also use NOD32 but my WinXP box isn't hooked up to IPv6 yet so I can't test it... I'm waiting for credits so I can request a subnet.
[se] Shadow Hawkins on Thursday, 23 October 2003 10:15:51
Ok, problem solved. It was my anti-virus program that blocked IE from working with ipv6. Simply disabling the program didn't help, I had to completely remove it. :( Gonna try writing the Nod32 makers and see if they can fix this...
[ch] Jeroen Massar SixXS Staff on Thursday, 23 October 2003 11:04:12
Also nicely shows that NOD doesn't protect you at all when using a different browser or a different way of getting the virus on your machine.
[nl] Shadow Hawkins on Monday, 01 December 2003 20:37:13
I was experiencing the exact same symptoms. My Windows XP worked perfectly before with IPv6, but since recently the same symptoms (100% load, increasing swap, etc) came to light. After disabling virus scanners the problem still wasn't resolved. Then I remembered that I recently installed a programme called Netlimiter, which is some sort of traffic shaper/throttler which I need to cap several windows based p2p clients. I'm gonna throw it away now and use propper queueing and shaping on my linux box.

Please note Posting is only allowed when you are logged in.

Static Sunset Edition of SixXS
©2001-2017 SixXS - IPv6 Deployment & Tunnel Broker