SixXS::Sunset 2017-06-06

There is good news in Australia, one ISP has gone native
[au] Shadow Hawkins on Saturday, 13 August 2011 14:45:55
Internode an ISP in Australia were trialling IPv6 for quite a while and had a POP for a short time has released for all who want it IPv6 native. Appears at this stage that you are allocated a fixed /56, I say appears because I haven't fully investigated yet eg signed up to connect another ADSL connection from a different ISP except this will be for IPv6 only. A bug in the firewall doesn't allow for dual stack at the moment. Ian
[id] Shadow Hawkins on Thursday, 03 November 2011 07:22:45
Good news, hopfully Internode become Sixxs POP too :)
[ch] Jeroen Massar SixXS Staff on Thursday, 03 November 2011 10:44:47
The word "PoP" is a generic term for "Point of Presence". Internode have their own Points of Presence from which they are providing IPv6 connectivity to their own customers. Nothing SixXS about that.
[nz] Shadow Hawkins on Monday, 21 November 2011 22:40:57
Internode have no reason to join SixXS. If you would like to use Internode for IPv6, then join Internode. It doesn't make commercial sense for node to offer v6 to non-paying customers. I was an Internode customer until recently, sadly they don't service New Zealand :(
[ch] Jeroen Massar SixXS Staff on Monday, 21 November 2011 22:43:09
I fully agree, there is no reason for them to do a SixXS PoP, except if they would want to advertise a bit that they have IPv6. ISPs going native is the ultimate goal of course. And one day we'll hopefully be able to terminate this little hobby project ;)
[gb] Shadow Hawkins on Sunday, 13 November 2011 16:27:56
They've had a native dual-stack national network for quite awhile, being one of the few ISP's in Australia that's truly invested in doing it well. But initially native v6 or dual stack was only available on Ethernet on certain link types. You had to use a tunnel for everything else. I think what you're referring to is that now offer dual stack on almost every service. http://ipv6.internode.on.net/

Please note Posting is only allowed when you are logged in.

Static Sunset Edition of SixXS
©2001-2017 SixXS - IPv6 Deployment & Tunnel Broker