SixXS::Sunset 2017-06-06

IPv6 address problem
[hu] Shadow Hawkins on Saturday, 13 August 2011 05:41:46
I'm using an AYIYA tunnel with a subnet on an OpenWrt router with a public, dynamic-IPv4 address. A /64 assigned to LAN and a /64 assigned to Guest network. My home server is connected wirelessly to the LAN and my domain pointing to it with the correct AAAA record and reverse delegation and everything works fine. But I'm not really an expert, so my problem starts here. When I e.g. reboot the router, then my public IPv6 address changes and obviously the old AAAA record for my domain become unusable, so I need to add the new one manually and the refresh takes some time. So my question is, how can I set a static IPv6 address to solve this problem? Feedback is welcome. Thanks in advance
IPv6 address problem
[ch] Jeroen Massar SixXS Staff on Saturday, 13 August 2011 10:24:45
my public IPv6 address changes
The public IPv6 address of which device? Can you show what the address looks like? Or at least run 'ipv6calc -i <address>' to see what that says? Most likely you get a privacy address there, and that is something you can disable as you should have a EUI-64 based address on the interface too which is static.
IPv6 address problem
[hu] Shadow Hawkins on Saturday, 13 August 2011 14:49:37
Basically any device that is connected would have a new IPv6 address after a router reboot. So the address looks like this 2a01:368:e10c:1:3145:3e73:eefa:345c and after the 2a01:368:e10c:1 part it is different after each reboot. I don't have enough space to install ipv6calc on the OpenWrt router and I'm using Windows, but here is the output of an ipv6calc java application: http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/6162/ipv6calc.png It seems like it is random generated somehow, but I don't know how to assign an address manually. Any ideas?
IPv6 address problem
[ch] Jeroen Massar SixXS Staff on Saturday, 13 August 2011 15:00:45
If the last 64bits are changing then that is a privacy address. The screenshot also mentions this at the bottom (RFC4941) Depends on the OS on how to disable it for that platform, for Windows, google(RFC4941 netsh windows) and you'll get enough hints on disabling it.
IPv6 address problem
[hu] Shadow Hawkins on Saturday, 13 August 2011 15:24:48
Now it works great! Thanks again for your help.

Please note Posting is only allowed when you are logged in.

Static Sunset Edition of SixXS
©2001-2017 SixXS - IPv6 Deployment & Tunnel Broker