SixXS::Sunset 2017-06-06

sixxsd v4 deployment
[be] Shadow Hawkins on Tuesday, 19 July 2011 14:06:27
Dear, The news section says on the sixxsd v4 daemon deployment: "hopefully completing the upgrade to v4 for all PoPs before Friday the 15th July 2011." I don't see much happening on this. I would like to use the routed /64 with a fritz box. Could you provide an updated schedule for the deployment? Best Regards, Guido
sixxsd v4 deployment
[ch] Jeroen Massar SixXS Staff on Tuesday, 19 July 2011 14:09:48
Note the 'hopefully'. We are adding some extra features and making some changes to incorporate some feedback we had. As for Fritz!Box, there is apparently a bug in the way that they retrieve the subnet prefix from the TIC server and that causes it cut off the first 16bits of the IP address string it seems, but what/how exactly this bug manifests has not been determined yet.
sixxsd v4 deployment
[be] Shadow Hawkins on Thursday, 28 July 2011 12:40:23
I did note the "hopefully", that is exactly the reason why I put it in the original quote. If the fritz box does not work anyway, then it is not useful. I guess the original subnet still works?
sixxsd v4 deployment
[ch] Jeroen Massar SixXS Staff on Thursday, 28 July 2011 12:40:11
If the fritz box does not work anyway, then it is not useful.
Only heard of this problem once, and various other users are happily using it. Only one way to figure that out is to actually test it ;)
sixxsd v4 deployment
[be] Shadow Hawkins on Tuesday, 09 August 2011 20:19:41
I would like to test it but my pop does not yet support v4. Also On holiday now and cannot acces the setup with my smartphone.
sixxsd v4 deployment
[no] Shadow Hawkins on Saturday, 27 August 2011 22:15:27
any idea when stockholm pop will be updated to v4?
sixxsd v4 deployment
[ch] Jeroen Massar SixXS Staff on Saturday, 27 August 2011 23:06:16
We have a next checkup-meeting wednesday night, thus possibly after we have confirmed that all is fine we'll move the rest over.
sixxsd v4 deployment
[at] Shadow Hawkins on Thursday, 22 September 2011 10:31:02
Hello: Any update on this topic? I'm going to request a new tunnel next days, on which it is likely that I will use a Fritzbox. Greetings from Vienna, Hannes

Please note Posting is only allowed when you are logged in.

Static Sunset Edition of SixXS
©2001-2017 SixXS - IPv6 Deployment & Tunnel Broker