SixXS::Sunset 2017-06-06

Concepts ICT's tunnelserver
[be] Carmen Sandiego on Thursday, 11 September 2003 15:01:13
Is it having some kind of problems or something? The last few days I am experiencing short timeouts to the tunnelserver over IPv4, when that happens I quickly ping/traceroute it (and stops at 212.41.147.73, just before the tunnelserver) and it is completely unavailable. It only is unreachable for a couple of minuts though, then everything works again. Anyone else experiencing this too?
[ch] Jeroen Massar SixXS Staff on Friday, 12 September 2003 15:15:54
Can you paste those routes / pings / diagnostics along with the times when that occurs? Especially because your view onto the internet can be completely different from the view anybody else can be having. BTW: inetnum: 212.41.143.0 - 212.41.152.255 netname: TELFORT descr: Telfort Internet Services country: NL The nlams01 POP is just one hop behind the AMS-IX router, so if there is anything odd happening it is quite possibly on your side of the internet, and not much we can do about but something you can do to: notify your upstream of bad connectivity.
[be] Carmen Sandiego on Friday, 26 September 2003 02:39:37
Just an update: Well it's not happening anymore for some time now.
something you can do to: notify your upstream of bad connectivity
And my upstream would be the AMS-IX in this case? Since it stopped at their router.. but anyway, everything is ok now and I'm happy. :)
[ch] Jeroen Massar SixXS Staff on Friday, 26 September 2003 13:11:15
Packets can travel on completely assymetric routes and your upstream should handle that. You can ofcourse also request IPv6 connectivity from your upstream. And your upstream is not AMS-IX, simply because they can't be as they are an IX. In your case it's Telenet Belgium, so ask them. You might realize that between belgium and amsterdam there are quite some routers, go enquire there you pay them for it.
[be] Carmen Sandiego on Saturday, 27 September 2003 01:44:22
Hehe, it's already hard enough to get some things done from Telenet, let alone ask IPv6 connectivity ;) and I'm happy with the service provided by SixXS :) and indeed quite some routers, 16 hops and this time not through that earlyer posted AMS-IX router anymore (which is at 13 hops from me). Anyway, things are working so I'm not going to complain to Telenet :)

Please note Posting is only allowed when you are logged in.

Static Sunset Edition of SixXS
©2001-2017 SixXS - IPv6 Deployment & Tunnel Broker