SixXS::Sunset 2017-06-06

Yoohoo! My provider finally has native ipv6! but wait...
[ch] Shadow Hawkins on Tuesday, 07 June 2011 02:41:34
...that good news is going to cost me 25 ISK? What's that all about? :-) Nah, I'm not complaining. I love your service! But still - I'm kind of curious; given you're telling everyone the goal is to achieve native IPv6 everywhere, why punish people for actually getting it? The way it is, you tell me I should consider relocating before deleting. Which makes sense. But then, I'm not going to get a second hoster. You know what? I've got more than enough ISK to handle that. The thing that is bothering me is actually only <a href="http://youarenotsosmart.com/2011/03/25/the-sunk-cost-fallacy/">sunk cost</a>. Still... any chance of getting the option of "deleting tunnel because I now have native IPv6" with... less... cost?
[ch] Jeroen Massar SixXS Staff on Tuesday, 07 June 2011 12:07:55
that good news is going to cost me 25 ISK?
What is going to cost you 25 ISK?
[ch] Shadow Hawkins on Wednesday, 08 June 2011 00:16:49
What is going to cost you 25 ISK?
Mmmhhh... Maybe opening a thread like this instead of reading tfm :-) I thought I had to delete the tunnel, as I can't do source-routing on that specific machine and therefore the tunnel can't properly be used anymore (all answering packets not addressed to the POP's end of the tunnel are now going through the default gw, which now is native ipv6, and they're not forwarded there). But of course it says nowhere I have to delete the tunnel in that case. I can just leave it open and reassign it next time I get a new server somewhere. My bad, sorry about that.

Please note Posting is only allowed when you are logged in.

Static Sunset Edition of SixXS
©2001-2017 SixXS - IPv6 Deployment & Tunnel Broker