SixXS::Sunset 2017-06-06

ISK's with dynamic tunnels
[nl] Shadow Hawkins on Friday, 20 May 2011 15:01:17
Tag [/b] is not closed
[us] Shadow Hawkins on Friday, 20 May 2011 15:25:01
You get 5 credits at the end of the first week and then another 5 every two weeks thereafter.
[ch] Jeroen Massar SixXS Staff on Friday, 20 May 2011 15:26:49
What is true? The first or the latter?
Both, it is a bit ambiguous how it is written there indeed, we'll revise that one day. But in essence you will only once receive a 5 ISK bonus after the first week, then after that, it will receive credits only every two weeks when it properly pings.
how many ISK's are earned every 2 weeks for a dynamic tunnel?
5. See the table.
[nl] Shadow Hawkins on Friday, 20 May 2011 23:46:59
Both, it is a bit ambiguous how it is written there indeed, we'll revise that one day.
OK. Let me know.
how many ISK's are earned every 2 weeks for a dynamic tunnel?
5. See the table.
The table says: "The host pinged yet another week credits 5" So does that mean 10 credits for every 2 weeks of having a dynamic tunnel? I have 2 dynamic tunnels active for more that 2 weeks. One 'heartbeat' at my FritzBox, almost always and one 'AYIYA' on my laptop very regularly. I did not get any credits yet, while I need them for more tunnels...... Regards, Frits
[ch] Jeroen Massar SixXS Staff on Saturday, 21 May 2011 15:59:48
So does that mean 10 credits for every 2 weeks of having a dynamic tunnel?
No, that is the measure for static tunnels. For dynamic tunnels it is 5 every two weeks, when pinging of course.
I have 2 dynamic tunnels active for more that 2 weeks.
One 'heartbeat' at my FritzBox, almost always and one
'AYIYA' on my laptop very regularly.
Almost always or 'very regularly' is not good enough as they need to ping properly. See the FAQ.
I did not get any credits yet, while I need them for more tunnels......
See the FAQ it states it all, they need to properly ping.
[nl] Shadow Hawkins on Sunday, 22 May 2011 11:35:30
Hello Jeroen,
No, that is the measure for static tunnels. For dynamic tunnels it is 5 every two weeks, when pinging of course.
OK. Could you modify the cost table in the FAQ (Almost always or 'very regularly' is not good enough as they need to ping properly. See the FAQ it states it all, they need to properly ping.
The credits FAQ does not clarify what 'properly ping' means. How often are you pinging? Can I check somewhere what the ping status of my tunnels is? The FAQ ISK's with dynamic tunnels
[nl] Shadow Hawkins on Sunday, 22 May 2011 11:41:12
Hello Jeroen, The 'credits' FAQ does not state what 'properly' pinging means' The Connectivity/Ping FAQ explains a test with tcpdump and ping from my side. Is the 1920 pings mentioned there the SixXS ping test to earn credits? How much loss is permitted in the 2 weeks x 1920pings a day? Can I check how many days my tunnel is 'properly' pinging by SixXS? Regards, Frits.
[nl] Shadow Hawkins on Sunday, 22 May 2011 11:45:51
Hello Jeroen,
Could you modify the cost table in the Accounts/Credits FAQ ISK's with dynamic tunnels
[nl] Shadow Hawkins on Sunday, 22 May 2011 11:46:37
[nl] Shadow Hawkins on Sunday, 22 May 2011 21:44:11
Hello Jeroen, This morning I noticed this in my log: 2011-05-21 01:16:13 Dynamic Tunnel T62637 is alive for 6 weeks +5 ISK While with 5 credits per 2 weeks I should get 3x5=15 ISK. Am I wrong? Regards, Frits.
[it] Shadow Hawkins on Wednesday, 17 August 2011 03:50:23
Sorry if i up an old thread. i have an AYAYA tunnel, i've been up for 8 consecutive weeks, that's ok as i received my 20 ISKs my question is: let's suppose i've been up for 4 days, then i have a day off (they cut my DSL cable during works down the street and been down for 4 days). when my tunnel comes back up, are these 4 days of uptime lost and week counting starts over, or i get 4 uo + 3 down + 3 up = 7 days up = a week? hope i explained myself properly.. sorry for my bad english :) i ask becouse dynamic tunnels are harder to keep alive as they are generally used on home / small business networks, where SLAs from ISPs are not that good, and downtime for a DSL line may accour for one reason or another.
[ch] Jeroen Massar SixXS Staff on Wednesday, 17 August 2011 08:35:21
when my tunnel comes back up, are these 4 days of uptime lost and week counting starts over, or i get
Those days will be lost, they have to be consecutive days.
i ask becouse dynamic tunnels are harder to keep alive
but you don't get any penalties when it is down like with a static tunnel.
downtime for a DSL line may accour for one reason or another.
Get a proper ISP, though the same could be said for getting IPv6 ;)
[it] Shadow Hawkins on Wednesday, 17 August 2011 09:35:59
what's the maximum time of "not responding to ping" before the tunnel is considered down?
[ch] Jeroen Massar SixXS Staff on Wednesday, 17 August 2011 09:40:22
See the FAQ for the exact details, but effectively you need to respond at minimum a couple of times during that day.
[it] Shadow Hawkins on Wednesday, 17 August 2011 09:44:10
ok thanks

Please note Posting is only allowed when you are logged in.

Static Sunset Edition of SixXS
©2001-2017 SixXS - IPv6 Deployment & Tunnel Broker