SixXS::Sunset 2017-06-06

Can I get my PoP changed?
[us] Shadow Hawkins on Friday, 19 January 2007 00:02:04
Is there any way I could get my PoP changed without needing 25 credits just to delete it, and 15 more to get another? When I signed up, I picked uschi01 because I usually get 15-25 ping to servers there. But with uschi01, I'm routed to Florida to get on Host.net's network, then to Virginia to get on Occaid's network. On occaid's network, I go to Newark, New Jersey, then to midphase.com, where the ping jumps from 50 to 100, and then FINALLY I get to uschi01. When uschi01 was having some routing issues yesterday, the host.net route must have been down because I was being routed to Nlayer in New york, then uschi01, which made pings MUCH better (usually in the 40s). But today, I checked again, and I'm back to Host.net |:( . I signed up for Sixxs because I had heard they were really stable and they had a PoP very close to me. But if I can't change to another PoP, I really don't see any reason in using Sixxs over another tunnel broker.
[ch] Jeroen Massar SixXS Staff on Friday, 19 January 2007 00:14:16
Why not report the problem so that the involved ISP's can have a look at it? If things are not reported then it won't be resolved either as nobody knows about it. PS: When reporting, do please include more information than "it goes from here to there", actual traceroutes are more helpful in those cases. See the "Reporting problems" list on the contact page for more details.
[us] Shadow Hawkins on Friday, 19 January 2007 00:20:54
But if I did want to change PoPs, I would need to use 40 credits?
[ch] Jeroen Massar SixXS Staff on Friday, 19 January 2007 00:24:04
Around and about yes.
[us] Shadow Hawkins SixXS PoP Administrator on Friday, 19 January 2007 01:06:35
As Jeroen stated, please open a ticket using Report Problems link he provided. Provide traceroute and your source IP address. Without that information, we just don't have enough data to help you.

Please note Posting is only allowed when you are logged in.

Static Sunset Edition of SixXS
©2001-2017 SixXS - IPv6 Deployment & Tunnel Broker