SixXS::Sunset 2017-06-06

Error with excecuting aiccu-2006-07-23-windows-gui.exe
[nl] Shadow Hawkins on Tuesday, 26 December 2006 14:39:14
Hello, I downloaded the " aiccu-2006-07-23-windows-gui.exe" which I tried to run. The message: This application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem. After that I looked in the FAQ - Added the dll's in the system directory - Tried to install the tap-drivers But the same message keeps popping up. Does anyone have a hint or suggestion to solve this problem and to continue the process? Thank you in advance Hans
[ch] Jeroen Massar SixXS Staff on Tuesday, 26 December 2006 15:05:56
On which version of Windows and which Service Pack?
[nl] Shadow Hawkins on Tuesday, 26 December 2006 15:19:25
Windows XP pro SP2
[ch] Jeroen Massar SixXS Staff on Monday, 01 January 2007 20:12:24
I can only assume this is likely to be the same as a similar PuTTY issue aiccu-current-gui.exe.manifest Download it into the same directory as AICCU and rename to be <filename>.manifest. Thus in your case aiccu-2006-07-23-windows-gui.exe.manifest Maybe that helps... EDIT: Link to manifest file removed as that was not the problem.
[nl] Shadow Hawkins on Tuesday, 26 December 2006 16:27:08
Thank you for the hint. I did as you suggested and the errow message didn't pop-up, but now no log-in screen appears. In the mean time i tried aiccu-beta1-windows-gui.exe. With this program I could log-on and everyting looked fine. But after starting: nt6tunnel -vd 1119 newszilla6.xs4all.nl 119 and trying to log in on the server with Grab-it (127.0.0.1, port 1119, no name /password) there was no connection made. I have a home network that's why I selected the "behind NAT" checkbox. Is this because I used a wrong version of the aiccu client of did I forget something Please let me know
[nl] Shadow Hawkins on Thursday, 28 December 2006 19:32:48
I seem to be experiencing exactly the same problems. A (fresh) XP SP2 Pro install on which the newest aiccu refuses to start, with the same error dialog. Also like Hans, using the supplied .manifest file no error pops up, but no Aiccu either. The previous aiccu (2005-01-09) does work without any trouble or fuss. On my previous system (same OS) the new aiccu did work. To me, the most logical explanation would be that some dlls might be missing, or perhaps a very recent windows update patch is doing harm here. I'll keep this thread in check and post any solutions I might stumble upon.
[ch] Jeroen Massar SixXS Staff on Thursday, 28 December 2006 19:59:40
Try downloading the various Microsoft .Net Frameworks, especially 1.1 and then 2.0 etc: 1.1: Microsoft .Net Framework 1.1 2.0: Microsoft .Net Framework 2.0 Maybe those are not supplied with a fresh XP SP2. No idea if it actually helps but maybe it does and it can't hurt having them. Maybe all this is a good excuse to drop MFC for it and start using wxWidgets for AICCU or something similar, which don't depend on loads of DLL's. No time at the moment though to re-release a new AICCU.
[nl] Shadow Hawkins on Monday, 01 January 2007 19:23:25
After installing the .Net 2.0 framework the new aiccu works like a charm again. It was my guess as well that .NET was not playing its role. Thanks for the direct download links, I intended to install them together with Visual Studio. But that big package wasn't top-priority in the scheme of getting this pc working again. On wxWidgets, very nice package but it either bloathes your exe's, or you have to distribute the right wx.dlls... not a pretty picture either, compared to .NET Anyway, thanks again
[ch] Jeroen Massar SixXS Staff on Monday, 01 January 2007 20:13:51
Thus it is the joy of Missing DLL's again for people who don't have any software on their computers ;) Added to the FAQ entry for missing DLL's: AICCU requires a missing dll / doesn't start on Windows

Please note Posting is only allowed when you are logged in.

Static Sunset Edition of SixXS
©2001-2017 SixXS - IPv6 Deployment & Tunnel Broker