SixXS::Sunset 2017-06-06

Timeouts on router when using Aiccu
[gb] Shadow Hawkins on Wednesday, 04 May 2011 12:25:43
Hello all, I don't have any access to the NATing device my home machine is behind. I've have set up a tunnel using Aiccu, but I am having intermittent connectivity with it. (Other tunnels are all fine) I suspect that the UDP timeout on the NAT device is low, 15, 30 seconds maybe, and that the keepalive sent by Aiccu once sent, allows return packets back in for that length of time. If I try and initiate a connection in outside that time, it fails, but if I happen to initiate the connection less than 30 seconds after the heartbeat, it succeeds. I have tested by leaving a ping running from my home box outwarsd, and this seems to keep the tunnel up. I am a few hundred miles away from my home box, and don't have access to the NAT device, so I am limited. Is there a way of configuring Aiccu to send its keepalives more frequently, as I think this might keep the tunnel alive? Calum
[ch] Jeroen Massar SixXS Staff on Wednesday, 04 May 2011 12:52:45
(Other tunnels are all fine)
You have multiple tunnels? How do you properly route packets?
I have tested by leaving a ping running from my home box outwarsd,
and this seems to keep the tunnel up.
In your situation, that seems to be the best option you have.
[gb] Shadow Hawkins on Wednesday, 04 May 2011 13:10:54
Tag [/quote] is not closed
[ch] Jeroen Massar SixXS Staff on Wednesday, 04 May 2011 15:24:45
No, not on the same machine. I was meaning to show that I can set things up
properly, and that it's not me just being clueless.
Having set up literally thousands of tunnels, that does not make a difference as one can still make a mistake in doing so.... And, no, there are no hidden features in AICCU.

Please note Posting is only allowed when you are logged in.

Static Sunset Edition of SixXS
©2001-2017 SixXS - IPv6 Deployment & Tunnel Broker