SixXS::Sunset 2017-06-06

Moving tunnel to a different IP
[de] Shadow Hawkins on Tuesday, 21 November 2006 20:43:22
Hi all, My ISP is a DSL Reseller here in Germany and offer static IPv4 Addresses to there Customers. I just got an email from my ISP that they migrate to another Core Network. So my Tunnel Endpoint IP will change soon. I just requestet an IPv6 subnet for my Workstations at home and therefor run out ouf Credits. So whats the easiest way to change my IP and not loose any More Credits? Thanks in advanced. Felix
[ch] Jeroen Massar SixXS Staff on Tuesday, 21 November 2006 21:14:41
Thus actually your IP is not as static as your DSL provider claimed it to be, maybe you should ask them for some credits ;) Non-kidding mode: just move the tunnel, if you keep the tunnel up that will be earned back soon enough (1 week) anyway. Side-note: new subnet allocations from deham01 are currently being queued up as all the 786 subnets have been allocated to endusers, we are thus awaiting for Easynet to allocate a new /40 from which we can allocate new /48 to endusers from. As they need to fit it into their numbering plan, do the paper work and also configure the network to route it correctly it is taking a bit of time unfortunately. All requests which are made will be queued and will be approved when they become available. If your request is not conform it will be directly rejected. Another side note on that, average turn around time for handling requests is somewhere under 2 hours for most of the requests made, that is during European daytime, not during the times that people sleep ;)
[de] Shadow Hawkins on Tuesday, 21 November 2006 22:02:09
Well thanks for the Reply :-) Well as an IT you know well about European daytime :-) There must have been a Reason they decided to use a /48 :-) Felix an Myself BOFH would declare that the IT Daytime is having a lunch break

Please note Posting is only allowed when you are logged in.

Static Sunset Edition of SixXS
©2001-2017 SixXS - IPv6 Deployment & Tunnel Broker