SixXS::Sunset 2017-06-06

fihel01.sixxs.net not available to me ?
[no] Shadow Hawkins on Wednesday, 01 November 2006 16:56:11
Hi! I have monitored latency & loss towards the different SixXS-POPs, and I found fihel01.sixxs.net (Finland,Helsinki - Finnet) to be the best POP for me. With good margins even. According to the Finnet Infopage ( https://noc.sixxs.net/pops/finnet/ ), the POP is both public and accepts heartbeat. When requesting a new POP, fihel01 is not among the POPs available to choose from. Why is this? If the POP was under closed policy, it wouldn't be listed as public would it? My location is Sarpsborg, Norway and my ISP is Tele2 btw. - Stig
[ch] Jeroen Massar SixXS Staff on Wednesday, 01 November 2006 19:46:37
"Public" means that you don't have to be a (paying) customer of the ISP who provides that PoP. fihel01 is a public PoP, but only serves endpoints that are connected to ISP's who are directly attached to FICIX (Finnish Internet Exchange). With a Norwegian endpoint your best pick is most likely the Swedish PoP, which should also be the one that you can pick from the list.
[no] Shadow Hawkins on Wednesday, 01 November 2006 21:00:34
Ok, I see then. Thanks for the info. Btw. The swedish sesto01-POP is actually quite slow to me. I have used a sesto01 for some time, and it has lat. around 120-160ms which is as bad timing as with the US-POPs! ^^ Seems nlams04 Amsterdam,Netherlands would be a better alternative with avg ping time around 50ms :-) - Stig

Please note Posting is only allowed when you are logged in.

Static Sunset Edition of SixXS
©2001-2017 SixXS - IPv6 Deployment & Tunnel Broker