SixXS::Sunset 2017-06-06

Moving out of state, what are my options?
[us] Shadow Hawkins on Friday, 20 October 2006 14:56:39
Hi folks, I just setup my tunnel about 2 months ago with SixXS. IBefore that I was getting IPv6 connectivity threw Occaid for about a year. Now I am getting ready to move out of state and want to know what are my options to move my subnet? Ill be moving from Northern VA to Central Floridia so I assume I will need to move to the Atlanta PoP now. Since I dont have my internet access yet at my new location I will most likely be down for a week or two maybe more while I get settled in. I really dont want to loose the credits I have built up so far and am just wanting to know what options I have to ensure I keep IPv6 connectivity with SixXs. Thanks John
Moving out of state, what are my options?
[ch] Jeroen Massar SixXS Staff on Friday, 20 October 2006 15:05:47
If you have a heartbeat/ayiya tunnel: nothing. As it will move along with you and it will activate itself automatically at the new provider. If you have a static tunnel: disable it using the webinterface, then when you get connectivity back, move it to the new location. In this case when you don't disable the tunnel you will loose credits of course. Also the move of the endpoint will cost credits too. As for latency, if the latency increase is really a lot you can always decide to request a new tunnel+subnet from a new PoP and use that. Of course that implies that it will cost you credits.

Please note Posting is only allowed when you are logged in.

Static Sunset Edition of SixXS
©2001-2017 SixXS - IPv6 Deployment & Tunnel Broker