SixXS::Sunset 2017-06-06

Confused: can't request subnet with 21 ISK
[de] Shadow Hawkins on Friday, 11 March 2011 08:54:43
Hi there, I'm just a bit confused here. I had several problems with getting my Fritz.box to work with Sixxs last year. Since then I used my static server to earn back some ISKs to request a new subnet. This is now half a year later and I am at 21 ISK. I can request a new tunnel, but not a new subnet. According to the FAQ, a subnet costs 10 ISK. Do I have to add a second tunnel first to request that subnet? Probably that tunnel will never be used then as I already have one working. Is there a limit based on the PoP? Should I create a new tunnel to some other PoP? So, perhaps someone could give me a hint why I can't get a subnet. Best regards, Philon Terving
[dk] Shadow Hawkins on Saturday, 02 April 2011 17:47:43
See the FAQ: https://www.sixxs.net/faq/connectivity/?faq=onlyonesubnet You need to explain why you need more than one subnet per tunnel. A /48 ought be enough for everyone :-)
[de] Shadow Hawkins on Saturday, 02 April 2011 16:54:11
I had one subnet at times of 6BONE. This was created at 2005. This subnet is currently marked Freed and is listed as deleted. When I log in, I don't seem to get a subnet, so I thought I must order a new one. So to my knowledge I have no (active) subnet.
[ch] Jeroen Massar SixXS Staff on Saturday, 02 April 2011 17:47:10
Any PoPs which had 6bone are not operational any more and tunnels & subnets on those PoPs can't be used either.
[de] Shadow Hawkins on Saturday, 02 April 2011 17:01:55
The subnet list reads this for my one subnet: Not assigned / Freed Is there a way to 're-activate' it? I now have beautiful 31 ISKs.
[ch] Jeroen Massar SixXS Staff on Saturday, 02 April 2011 17:54:47
Check your log, you used that till 2005. Then in 2006 it was freed as you where not using it anyway and now 5 years after that you want again a subnet. Contact info@sixxs.net with a good reasoning why you want a subnet again and explanation that you are really going to use it and most likely that will be granted. (The trick is that only 1 subnet per tunnel can per default be created, as your 1 subnet is there but freed it won't allow creation of a new one)
[de] Shadow Hawkins on Tuesday, 03 May 2011 14:37:49
Wonderful! I described my situation to the staff. Within seconds my subnet was approved! Thank you so much! Now I will see how I can play with that. Thanks again!

Please note Posting is only allowed when you are logged in.

Static Sunset Edition of SixXS
©2001-2017 SixXS - IPv6 Deployment & Tunnel Broker