SixXS::Sunset 2017-06-06

DNS Delegation
[nl] Shadow Hawkins on Thursday, 26 June 2003 09:33:35
Just wondering.. I activated reverse DNS for my subnet 3ffe:8114:2000:1c00::/60 yesterday morning and do not see any zone transfers on my nameserver from a DNS server that is not mine. Which explains why I cant find the subnet in the reverse zone 3ffe:8114:2000. The primairy server for this reverse zone in ns2.wittenburg10c.nl and (still) is open for axfr requests to anyone for this zone. My subnet is working and the reverse delegation is enabled and set on ns2.wittenburg10c.nl. Axfr requests done at machines out of my zone and ip space are working. Any idears what I might be doing wrong? Could anyone try to do a axfr request for this zone? e-mail at renee<at>zevenaar.org would be apriciated - to prevent a lot of noice in this forum. Cheers, Renee.
DNS Delegation
[ch] Jeroen Massar SixXS Staff on Thursday, 26 June 2003 12:44:19
My reverse dns doesn't work Reading the FAQ and having some patience is a virtue... Also noiSe in this forum isn't a big problem. If it is realy annoying we can always delete certain threads/posts if needed.
DNS Delegation
[nl] Shadow Hawkins on Thursday, 17 July 2003 10:51:34
I'm also seeing some Reverse Delegation problems since yesterday. My zonefiles haven't been changed in about 6 months neither has the DNS setup. AXFR's are done correctly, but resolving them is broken(tm).
DNS Delegation
[ch] Jeroen Massar SixXS Staff on Thursday, 17 July 2003 14:01:37
Blame Intouch as they are "working" on the network and thus the delegation is broken. Hope the connectivity won't break. Use the dig +trace to see where it goes wrong.
DNS Delegation
[be] Carmen Sandiego on Friday, 25 July 2003 12:47:04
Is there an ETA on their works?
DNS Delegation
[be] Carmen Sandiego on Wednesday, 30 July 2003 21:17:36
Is there an ETA on these works?
DNS Delegation
[ch] Jeroen Massar SixXS Staff on Thursday, 31 July 2003 10:32:20
Before 6-6-2006?
DNS Delegation
[nl] Shadow Hawkins on Friday, 01 August 2003 22:26:40
Funny :) But is Marc the only one who finds this just a little frustrating?|:( Sounds like plain bad service to me, taking a thing like DNS 'down' for such a long time (and the only answer to the only question about it being a joke :()
DNS Delegation
[ch] Jeroen Massar SixXS Staff on Friday, 01 August 2003 22:44:55
Don't complain to us, complain to the persons running the things at Intouch. Note btw... it's all for free.
DNS Delegation
[nl] Shadow Hawkins on Sunday, 03 August 2003 17:14:41
Maybe it's useful to comment somewhere in the news or in the FAQ at the corresponding and related articles that the Intouch dns is down for maintenance and that the reverse delegation is simply not working for the time being. Not only will this result in less forum garbage of all the people complaining about not getting reverse dns delegations to work, it will also result in creating some understanding with the end user that, although they can prepare their configurations, it will only work when the maintenance is done. I think this will relieve some annoyance with both the end users and the forum staff with continuously asking and answering the same questions. Sure I miss the feature, but I _can_ wait. Indeed, patience is a virtue, but you have to realise that the people asking and complaining about the dns problems have sometimes spent hours and hours of trying to make it work ;) Finally, I really have to compliment Jeroen Massar of doing a hell of a job answering all the questions fired upon him in the forums and responding with good insights and to-the-point remarks.
DNS Delegation
[ch] Jeroen Massar SixXS Staff on Monday, 04 August 2003 02:40:54
There really is nothing wrong with asking the question as people simply get directed to the forum thread ;) The Search facility isn't stated for nothing in the Contact pages.
IPng Reverse DNS Delegation - Good News
[ch] Jeroen Massar SixXS Staff on Tuesday, 05 August 2003 00:59:24
The nameservers of the delegation are being changed and thus the reverse will be fixed. This might take some days unfortunatly but then there should be any more problems just like the previous ~3 years of running the IPng POP. No this still only concerns ip6.int, not ip6.arpa, that is unfortunatly a matter of the RIR's and the 6bone DNS controlling people :( On the other hand, many resolvers, like the one in Windows (2000 and XP) don't support ip6.arpa at all yet. irc.ipv6.xs4all.nl will support it soon when it gets recompiled, they have the patch that nicely falls back to ip6.int. PS: IPv6Calc nicely shows your reverse...
irc.ipv6.xs4all.nl with irc2.10.3p3+hemp-arpa
[ch] Jeroen Massar SixXS Staff on Tuesday, 05 August 2003 17:34:14
Indeed, apparently irc2.10.3p3+hemp-arpa.diff was succesfully applied, even though the version number hasn't been changed. And as there have been no complains either it works too }) Now we'll just have to enforce some more peer pressure upon Microsoft to fix Windows XP... SP1 and up has *supported* IPv6... And I want my PuTTY to resolve the hostnames correctly ;)

Please note Posting is only allowed when you are logged in.

Static Sunset Edition of SixXS
©2001-2017 SixXS - IPv6 Deployment & Tunnel Broker