SixXS::Sunset 2017-06-06

"State: Administratively set down"
[pl] Carmen Sandiego on Monday, 09 June 2003 23:43:57
I have this in 'tunnel information'. Propably, it is because I had icmp blocked on my firewall, but now it's ok. What should I do to use this tunnel? :> Thanks in advance for the answer...
[ch] Jeroen Massar SixXS Staff on Tuesday, 10 June 2003 00:43:39
It was 'rejected' -> there is no tunnel -> nothing you can 'use' FAQ : My request got rejected
[pl] Carmen Sandiego on Tuesday, 10 June 2003 00:53:18
But when I try to request a tunnel once again it says >There is already a tunnel to '<my-ip>'<... So my question is, what should I do now? :> As I said, there was only a problem with my configuration (icmp blocked on firewall) and it was a reason of tunnel rejection (i improve my configuration and now everything should be ok)...
[nl] Shadow Hawkins on Wednesday, 29 October 2003 21:01:01
I've got the same problem and don't know what to do. I 've already set my firewall to allow icmp echo and putted the ip address of the POP in the trusted zone. But they don't ping my pc anymore, because my pc is up for 2 1/2 days now and the status of the tunnel is still administratively set down. What can I do now and when/how will it be activated?
[ch] Jeroen Massar SixXS Staff on Wednesday, 29 October 2003 23:15:24
The tunnel robot only tests tunnels in "requested state" not when they are already rejected. The whole point is that we are not going to send traffic to unsuspecting hosts. As you did not configure your 'firewall' you where not expecting it. If you want a retry you might try and send a good reason to info@sixxs.net why it was down when it was tested the first time and maybe you will get a retry. Honesty is a good thing btw.
[nl] Shadow Hawkins on Thursday, 30 October 2003 02:03:07
Thank you for your answer Jeroen Massar. I hope they'll give me a new chance, because I don't have enough credits to delete and make a new tunnel. And I really didn't know that they would ping my address before they would give me a tunnel. I only knew that when I had a tunnel they would ping me every day.

Please note Posting is only allowed when you are logged in.

Static Sunset Edition of SixXS
©2001-2017 SixXS - IPv6 Deployment & Tunnel Broker