SixXS::Sunset 2017-06-06

Cisco Router NAT protocol 41
[it] Shadow Hawkins on Saturday, 25 March 2006 13:14:16
Hello, anybody knows how to nat/forward inside the protocol 41 on cisco Router with nat ? the command âip nat inside source staticâ do not allow to use protocol 41 ! thanks to all Lorenzo
[ch] Jeroen Massar SixXS Staff on Saturday, 25 March 2006 13:18:31
What kind of "Cisco Router" is it? Real Routers don't do NAT btw. In many cases Cisco products already support IPv6 themselves thus you should be able to terminate the tunnel on the cisco itself.
[it] Shadow Hawkins on Saturday, 25 March 2006 13:23:17
it's a 837 with 837 with IOS c837-k9o3sy6-mz.123-11.YZ.bin this release support IPV6, and if i create the on the router i'm able to ping the SixXS IPv6 Ip. The problem is if i want to use AICCU on a Pc inside of the LAN, so has i read i need to forward/nat the protocol 41 to the inside Pc, and this is my problem. i'm not able to create a ip nat command to do it !! Thanks Lorenzo
[ch] Jeroen Massar SixXS Staff on Saturday, 25 March 2006 13:29:13
If you have a real routing machine which can do IPv6, why would you then need AICCU?
[nl] Shadow Hawkins on Sunday, 26 March 2006 12:14:45
Why not use the router as tunnel endpoint and deploy your network behind it? I have created a description of my setup which includes IPv6 on http://hvdkooij.xs4all.nl/docs-cisco-836-xs4all.nl.cms I might be tempted to translate the page to English. (But it is 80% config lines so even without the English page you should be able to pick up a few things.) And you can not NAT anything but TCP or UDP on your Cisco. Unfortunatly your version of IOS does not support IPv6 mobility but you can setup a point to point tunnel to your own router again if you want to. With 2^16 subnets there is almost no limit to the amount of odd setups to play with. Just make sure you do not mess up the rest of the world ;-)

Please note Posting is only allowed when you are logged in.

Static Sunset Edition of SixXS
©2001-2017 SixXS - IPv6 Deployment & Tunnel Broker