SixXS::Sunset 2017-06-06

Concepts ICT BV change
[be] Shadow Hawkins SixXS PoP Administrator on Sunday, 18 May 2003 12:56:00
Hi there, Yesterday I received an email about my tunnel not pinging anymore, allthough my tunnel still is up and running. Now I've read it has something to do with a change of prefix of Concepts ICT BV. I should have had an email regarding this matter on what to change/do to get my pinging backup, unfortunatly I did not recieve such email. Could anymore please send me that email, so I can get my tunnel back to the way it should be ? Thank a lot. Kind Regards Daan
Concepts ICT BV change
[ch] Jeroen Massar SixXS Staff on Sunday, 18 May 2003 20:11:25
That you can't seem to receive your email without problems is your problem: 8<--------------------- May 16 19:39:03 purgatory postfix/smtp[18311]: AA0F1814A: to=<helpdesk@edpnet.net>, relay=mail.edpnet.net[212.71.2.5], delay=30, status=sent (250 OK) --------------------->8 Which we also told you per email, which apparently did come through. But just for the sake of completeness for the third time (it was sent to you twice already): 8<------------------------------------ Dear Concepts POP user, Concepts ICT are transitioning their IPv6 prefix from 6bone (3ffe:4007::/32) to RIPE (2001:838::/32) prefix. As noc.sixxs.net, which amongst others serves this webpage, is hosted there it is also changing IPv6 IP. This has been reflected in DNS already. Next to the noc change the Concepts POP, also known as nlams01 will also make the transition. Users using this POP will be notified per email of this change and what they are supposed to do before the 1st of June 2003. Until that date the 6bone prefix and the new RIPE prefix will be usuable alongside eachother. The 1st of June 2003 will end this as the transition will then be complete. The only problem that should arise is the fact that DNS forwards point to the new addresses and thus they won't match with the old reverses. This is unovercomable unless we change the hostnames. At least until 1st June 2003 the POP has been closed for new tunnel requests and ping tests won't be taken. -- "What effect has this for you as a current user?" you might be asking. Well it's quite simple: if you currently are using 3ffe:4007:300:42::2/64 as a tunnel endpoint and 3ffe:4007:42::1/64 then you should change these before the 1st of June 2003 to be: Tunnel endpoint: 2001:838:300:42::2/64 POP endpoint: 2001:838:300:42::1/64 Thus effectively replacing the 3ffe:4007: part with 2001:838:. The same goes for your subnets. Your *new* settings can be found in your user home on the SixXS website. Log in at http://www.sixxs.net/home/ to view them. The *current* assignment under the 6bone prefix 3ffe:4007::/32 wil keep working until the 1st of June 2003, day 1 of the 6 month of the year 2003 to be clear. The 1st of June 2003 the prefixes will be revoked from the tunnels. Thus you have 2 weeks to convert over from the old prefixes to the new prefix. In the mean time you could ofcourse use both prefixes. Notez bien that reverse and forward DNS already have been converted to the RIPE space thus won't work for the old prefix as it is quite impossible to have them both assigned because of the forward pointing to an IP and the reverse of that can only point back to that same host which doesn't point to the old IP. Except for that this transition should go seamlessly. If there are any comments or questions, direct them to info@sixxs.net Greets, Jeroen SixXS Staff
Concepts ICT BV change
[be] Shadow Hawkins SixXS PoP Administrator on Sunday, 18 May 2003 21:02:37
Jeroen, Thank you for your posting. Apparently our mail server filters out certain mails send by you. I did recieve the one telling me the tunnel stopped pinging. The other ones about the change did not come trough. I will take a look at our spam filters, and try to determine why the mails did not come trough. Sorry for the inconvenience. Kind Regards Daan
Concepts ICT BV change
[nl] Shadow Hawkins on Wednesday, 30 July 2003 15:56:13
WireHUB DNSbl blocks SixXS mailserver. Or atleast it did.
Concepts ICT BV change
[ch] Jeroen Massar SixXS Staff on Wednesday, 30 July 2003 17:36:30
Apparently WireHUB has had more problems. At one time they even denied using DNSbl's* even though everybody know they are the ones running it. Odd system they are running there, it almost looks like they are trying to block other people this way. * = they let their system scan a machine I know of almost continuesly and denied that they had anything to do with it even though the website of of the dnsbl showed that they requested the scans...

Please note Posting is only allowed when you are logged in.

Static Sunset Edition of SixXS
©2001-2017 SixXS - IPv6 Deployment & Tunnel Broker