SixXS::Sunset 2017-06-06

Automatic IPv6 endpoint change
[be] Shadow Hawkins on Saturday, 17 May 2003 03:52:29
Concepts ICT changed their addresses, and I just heard about it. Then I read about my tunnel not pinging for a period of time (<24 hours?), and lost 5 credits. I'm not a person who checks his mail every 30 minutes, but I can't update my tunnels in such a short notice... Do you think this is fair?
[de] Shadow Hawkins on Saturday, 17 May 2003 07:23:54
of course you could see for automatic changes in your tunnel-config. do some shell-scripting and grep your email. besides, i think that the ping system tells that your tunnel-endpoint didn't ping for a day if the nightly ping failes. however i'm not sure about that. something else - why didn't you contact staff members about this? greets, sebastian lechte
[ch] Jeroen Massar SixXS Staff on Saturday, 17 May 2003 11:55:57
Oops... that was a thing I forgot to turn off. But actually it is also a small test if people actually read their transition mails and check up on the website, aka if they really care about things. During the transition time (until the 1st of June 2003) pingtests won't be taken. The simple reason for this is that the configuration now is double, the old and the new prefix and we have no clue which endpoint is active for you :) The pingtest now does work on the new prefix, but the credits won't be deducted if your endpoint doesn't ping. Refund has already been done so don't worry about credits ;)
[be] Shadow Hawkins on Saturday, 17 May 2003 22:25:23
Thanks!

Please note Posting is only allowed when you are logged in.

Static Sunset Edition of SixXS
©2001-2017 SixXS - IPv6 Deployment & Tunnel Broker