SixXS::Sunset 2017-06-06

what to do
[hu] Shadow Hawkins on Thursday, 08 May 2003 17:49:37
hi! i've asked it on info@sixxs.net, but i'm asking it here.. so what should i do if my tunnel request rejected because endpoint didnt ping (now pings ok), i deleted the tunnel, and now i cant 'remake' it.. in email i got the answer 'read FAQ', but faq is talking about v6 endpoints.. they are pinged in every 15 mins, but what about v4 endpoints? i'll never be able to make a tunnel to that ip again? i cant even make the system retest it.. what should i do? :) sorry if i'm too lame, but i really dont have answers, and it'd be a production ipv6 network.. thnx in advice Zoltan NAGY
what to do
[it] Shadow Hawkins on Saturday, 10 May 2003 12:39:58
I can understand you... I'm experimenting the same problem... |:(
what to do
[ch] Jeroen Massar SixXS Staff on Saturday, 10 May 2003 13:54:03
Like you both already mention, you have already mailed info@sixxs.net and also already got a response back.
and it'd be a production ipv6 network..
Though we do aim to do as much as possible to keep it all working and actually try to maintain the 100% availability as much as possible. This is also the main reason why we DENY requests to tunnels with a latency higher than 100ms or a huge amount of packet loss. This way we can never hear somebody complain "ooooh my packet loss is huge at SixXS" or "look at the latency". If you want a real production IPv6 connection then you should request service directly from your own upstream ISP not from a free service like this as we can't and won't guarantee that "it will work". Production = contract, if you don't have a written contract (thus no SLA) then you have nothing to stand on. If you have a tunnel to one of the closed POPs though the ISP of that POP itself will make sure it keeps running perfectly. If we reject your tunnel you should try and find a closer alternative or find out why your latency/loss is so high to the various POPs. Note that the test is done against from all the POPs that are available in the list, you just select a preferred one. If another POP is better suited for you that one will automatically be selected. If none of the POPs is suited for you then we ofcourse always have one very good offer: arrange that your/a more local ISP get IPv6 and let them contact us, then we can setup a POP for them and make a lot of users happy in your region. SixXS is meant for ISP-Deployment, thus ISP's that want to deploy IPv6 can come to us and we will help them out. Note that the public POPs is just a mere service that this system facilitates. Closed POPs, eg customers/selected people only is also a possibility using the same SixXS engine.
what to do
[hu] Shadow Hawkins on Saturday, 10 May 2003 16:20:16
Agree. My tunnel request was 'set administrately down' because my firewall had filtered out the packets.. now it accepts icmp packets, and i'd like to use the tunnel, but i cant do the v4 endpoint retest myself 'cause there isnt such an option :) in hungary there isn't any ISP that offer v6 service.. none of the isps have production ipv6 network.. so sixxs is my only chance :) and i am content with this free service. the only problem is this tunnel, and i've asked you to ping it again a couple times. :O thanks for your patience NagyZ

Please note Posting is only allowed when you are logged in.

Static Sunset Edition of SixXS
©2001-2017 SixXS - IPv6 Deployment & Tunnel Broker