SixXS::Sunset 2017-06-06

Irc - ping timeouts
[nl] Shadow Hawkins on Wednesday, 07 May 2003 22:12:49
I use my ipv6 for irc, and connect trough my bouncer (psybnc) But like 4/5 times a day i get pinged out. Since i never had this problem before and checked if everything was ok.. I use Cybercomm, as my PoP, are they heaving problems ore what so ever? Since, i know some people who use IPNG are PoP and they got no problems, and they also got psybnc running, without these problems.
Irc - ping timeouts
[se] Shadow Hawkins on Sunday, 22 August 2004 17:49:42
I also had the same problem a long time ago. I dont know what solved it, but it just got solved. Regards.
Irc - ping timeouts
[de] Shadow Hawkins on Thursday, 08 May 2003 01:02:27
hi rick, since when do you see this problem? does your tunnel-stats page show any unusual pikes, specially in paket-loss? did you traceroute6 and ping6 your ircserver from your shell? did you traceroute6 and ping6 your shell from some other or a webapplication? have you checked sixxs-wide stats for rtt/paket-loss? did any other v6 users on your irc-server experience similar problems? greets, sebastian lechte
Irc - ping timeouts
[ch] Jeroen Massar SixXS Staff on Thursday, 08 May 2003 12:00:22
IRC is a very bad excuse for using IPv6. also you might want to check your Connection Tracking feature of your OS ;)
Irc - ping timeouts
[nl] Shadow Hawkins on Saturday, 10 May 2003 11:02:35
Getting this problem since like a couple of weeks. Before everything worked perfect and changed nothing at my situation. Packet loss, no just very lil times just a lil lil bit.. Using the ipv6 server of xs4all (ircnet) and all looks perfect.. And yes also check from a couple other shells, and it seems ok, and yes, did not see any problems.. None of the other ppl i know on irc (using ipng as pop) are getting this problem To test it, i have put down my irc of efnet and another network, and not it looks like it is better instead of 5/6 disconnects a day, now getting like 1/2

Please note Posting is only allowed when you are logged in.

Static Sunset Edition of SixXS
©2001-2017 SixXS - IPv6 Deployment & Tunnel Broker