SixXS::Sunset 2017-06-06

WTF is WRONG with you people
[nl] Shadow Hawkins on Tuesday, 06 May 2003 19:00:27
I just switched my connection to a better one (from 512/64 tot 8192/1024), and had to change my tunnel ipv4 endpoint as well as my nameserver. Now Why The Fuck does it tak SO MANY credits? It's just a change of IP, but you leave me waiting for eons to come... again. This is just retarded. Just had to say that.
[ch] Jeroen Massar SixXS Staff on Tuesday, 06 May 2003 19:14:46
If you don't want to use this FREE service then take it somewhere else. And for what do you need to 'wait' for the couple of few minutes that the POPs resync? Please donate us a lot of cash and beer, maybe then your point may become anywhere near validity.
[nl] Shadow Hawkins on Tuesday, 06 May 2003 20:13:39
I meant, the deduction of credits if one just changes his IP. That shouldnt be all too hard (merely, changing 1 tunnel's address and 1 route for the subnet), and in my opinion does not justify the deduction of 25 credits, i.e. a new tunnel. If I was to acquire a new tunnel, then it's justified concerning the work that has to be done to set all things up. But for something as simple as this, it can be automated easily. Another thing I wonder about, how could my credit get negative? I would expect the IPchange to be unallowed if I had not enough credits, like when you want a subnet but dont have enough credits. That's a little inconsistent, but not all too harmful, yet it would have informed me a bit earlier about the amount of credits being deducted. Edit: I have to wait a long time before I can setup the reverse dns for my subnet.
WTF is WRONG with Thpmas E. Spanjaard
[ch] Jeroen Massar SixXS Staff on Tuesday, 06 May 2003 22:49:41
We can't help it that you need to change your endpoint IP even though we expect it to be a 24/7 static endpoint. The cost of changing the endpoint is there so that people won't go use a dialup line which would result in us having to reply to tons of abuse mails sent from people who have ZoneAlarm Pro Turbo running on their boxing and getting strange traffic to their endpoint and mailing us with abuse threats. And negative credits allow ome to actually change your endpoint even though you don't have any credit to request new tunnels/subnets. Thus if you loose a lot of credits because you don't follow the rules you can't get any new candy. I wonder why a reverse is so important for you, there are only a couple of reasons why reverse is really important, the one other reason is a moot point and actually we don't really like people who think they need it for that reason. Also I remind you, again, that you use this service at your free will for free. If you really need to swear and scream then you also have the free option of moving right along. I still wonder why you need to scream and swear about this though.
WTF is WRONG with Thomas E. Spanjaard
[nl] Shadow Hawkins on Tuesday, 06 May 2003 23:51:08
It is a 24/7 static ip, and the old one was too, but the bandwidth of that connection didn't suffice for my needs. With the new connection came an IP in another range, which has led to many problems (not only the tunnel problems), I have to update remote sites all week until they all point to the new IP. Of course I understand that dialup people are not yet facilitated here, but I like to stress again that I am not one of those. Reverse DNS should be, at least in my eyes, setup for every IP in the world. It makes clear even further to what comapany a certain subnet belongs, so people can look up the responsible person for potentially malicious traffic. Also, there's a certain 'zest' in me to explore the possibilities of the current Internet protocols, and they include DNS. As for the swearing, I apologise for that. I typed that message in the heat of the moment, with daemons failing all around me, config files getting screwed up and other fun things surfacing with a reboot. It's not very kind of me to drop my respect for the SixXS project and it's staff, I really do respect you. P.S. It's 'Thomas', not 'Thpmas' :)

Please note Posting is only allowed when you are logged in.

Static Sunset Edition of SixXS
©2001-2017 SixXS - IPv6 Deployment & Tunnel Broker