SixXS::Sunset 2017-06-06

Credits Question
[pl] Shadow Hawkins on Wednesday, 19 March 2003 19:46:13
Hi Is it true that I can't set my revDNS without credit points ? And when it is how can I reduce number of negative credit points. I read FAQ but I don't find any sugestion about this problem. We can gain some negative points but It is a long trip to reduce them. I understand that I must ask for loan? :)
Credits Question
[fi] Shadow Hawkins on Thursday, 20 March 2003 16:47:46
You have understood it correctly, and after a while you will realize that the credit system ok. Freenet6 doesnt have that kind of a system, but their tunnels are totally useless. :)
Credits Question
[ch] Jeroen Massar SixXS Staff on Thursday, 20 March 2003 23:13:20
Though that is not nice to say against the FreeNet6 (Viagenie) people as they are providing an excellent service in the US, which indeed is laggy in europe but that mostly has to do with the latency over the pond and back, not with their service. They also have done great jobs on developing transition mechanism on which most people currently using IPv6 depend. And most of all they have patched Quake 1 + 2 to support IPv6 }) The credit system is mostly in place to keep the users interrested in their tunnel and subnet thus keeping them proactive tight to the project. That way we can never hear somebody say that this system is instable. Which it isn't and we have the graphs and stats as proof ;)
Credits Question
[ch] Jeroen Massar SixXS Staff on Thursday, 20 March 2003 22:50:33
Did you read FAQ: What about credits? completely? But checking your log it clearly shows that you removed the dnsservers you already assigned. And you haven't fixed that your tunnel pings yet which does cost a lot of credits. Also I have to note that showing that you can keep a tunnel up for a certain time and then requesting a credit loan does increase on the chance of getting it approved.
Credits Question
[nl] Shadow Hawkins on Saturday, 22 March 2003 19:12:47
I must say you truely are providing a great service {). I think the credit system is well-placed in a automated system like this. Great job (thanks!), and keep up the good work B-).
Credits Question
[fi] Shadow Hawkins on Tuesday, 22 April 2003 00:28:20
Here's another question: I know I'll lose credits if my endpoint doesn't ping. But what about if I disable the tunnel myself, and then go offline (to do maintenance, for example)? Do I lose credits for having a disabled tunnel? I think at least the tunnel one week uptime counter will reset. Also, there is no mention about tunnel disabling/enabling costing credits. Is it really free? I think these things should be mentioned somewhere. And it's quite hard to see which threads have new posts since my last visit. Could they be arranged by date of last message?
Credits Question
[ch] Jeroen Massar SixXS Staff on Monday, 28 April 2003 13:41:07
Enabling/Disabling is *free* because you are actively enabling/disabling the tunnel yourself. Which is a good thing. And no you don't loose any credits when you go offline then. The only disadvantage is that your weekly uptime counter will be start again when you enable the tunnel...

Please note Posting is only allowed when you are logged in.

Static Sunset Edition of SixXS
©2001-2017 SixXS - IPv6 Deployment & Tunnel Broker