SixXS::Sunset 2017-06-06

IPv4 Routing problems
[it] Carmen Sandiego on Wednesday, 15 December 2004 17:22:25
I've a tunnel with scarlet (T2165). There're routing problems for protocol 41 between scarlet pop and me. I can send encapsulated packets to scarlet but i can't receive anything. The firewall doesn't block and everything is configured correctly by my side. There should be a router that filters protocol 41 for packets from scarlet to me. Can you try to identify which router is filtering? You can establish a tunnel with ttl 1 and try to increase it until you receive back icmp ttl expired. Let me know. Thanks in advance. Antonio
IPv4 Routing problems
[nl] Shadow Hawkins on Wednesday, 15 December 2004 18:03:47
The firewall doesn't block and everything is configured correctly by my side.
So it is on my side, and my fw does block some packets.
There should be a router that filters protocol 41 for packets from scarlet to me. Can you try to identify which router is filtering?
I can assure you that, that is not my router.
You can establish a tunnel with ttl 1 and try to increase it until you receive back icmp ttl expired.
Thank you but, I already have a working tunnel :)
Let me know. Thanks in advance.
You are welcome :) / :+ mode I think you can better copy and paste your post (with extra information) into an email directed to info@sixxs.net
IPv4 Routing problems
[it] Carmen Sandiego on Thursday, 16 December 2004 18:53:47
Talking with other admins i found who's filtering packets. That's WIND... I hope they will stop this stupid practice. Btw, your humour is not so funny... my request was serious and imho error reporting was correct... Regards Antonio --- fools' mother is always pregnant
IPv4 Routing problems
[ch] Jeroen Massar SixXS Staff on Friday, 17 December 2004 08:57:55
You quite apparently did not read the contact page which does contain the correct method of reporting problems. Apparently though it is very hard for people to read the huge orange bar above the forum, and above and below the posting form...
IPv4 Routing problems
[it] Carmen Sandiego on Friday, 17 December 2004 20:27:42
Libero infostrada provider blocks all trafics that is from an abroad IPV4 endpoint. Try to use one of italian TB, or take a account on ITgate (on sixxs). Regards

Please note Posting is only allowed when you are logged in.

Static Sunset Edition of SixXS
©2001-2017 SixXS - IPv6 Deployment & Tunnel Broker